Does your Spouse support your hypermiling? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2011, 07:24 PM   #1
Registered Member

Does your Spouse support your hypermiling?

I have been riding my motorcycle a lot more and driving less. My wife has needed to use my car a fair amount recently as I did some maintenance on her SUV or I needed to use the SUV for the extra carrying capacity . Her driving my car knocked my tankfill average in my Jag from around 28- 30 mpg to 24- 26 mpg tankfills. This was with me doing about half the driving for these tankfills. She is wonderful and the love but of wife but definitely not a hypermiler.
Just to see if she would notice, I started doing a few " stealth mods" to her SUV to see if she would notice ( upper grille block, removed roof carrier crossbars, upped tire pressures to 42 psi). So far she has only noticed the higher tire inflation and asked me to reduce it back to the manufacturer recommendation. Its kind of amusing, like Spy vs Spy or Roadrunner vs Wiley Coyote.
Share share some of your experiences
all the best , L&S
low&slow is offline   Reply With Quote