Grill Block, Sucess! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2007, 11:59 AM   #1
Registered Member

Grill Block, Sucess!

Ok, the tank I just posted is my highest, to date. From what I've been able to experience, a grill block helps.

I tried a grill block by just blocking off the inlets with packaging tape, which looks pretty ugly and it did have some positive effects. I changed to a cardboard shaped grill block, with more of a lower nose to it.

With this change, I have had my highest mileage tank, so far. This tank was a combination of about 2/3 freeway and 1/3 city, although a good portion of the freeway driving was stop and go traffic.

Highly recommend this modification. It appears to be capable of delivering 5%-10%, in my experience.
Gary Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote