Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Electric and Solar powered (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Electric conversion: Project ForkenSwiift (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f18/electric-conversion-project-forkenswiift-1605.html)

JanGeo 04-06-2006 08:07 AM

Hey I can cut holes in glass

Hey I can cut holes in glass but my brother has done it already - takes lots of water and a diamond bit. What I really could use is the suspension mount for the right swing arm . . . no wait that rotted out on yours too WAAAAAA! My gas shocks are at a point where they hold up the hatch if it is warm out - cold they come back down unless you wait a minute then it stays up - tricky devil sometimes decides to close a minute later and WHAM on the head.

SVOboy 04-06-2006 03:53 PM

That low rider is looking

That low rider is looking pimp, y0.

MetroMPG 04-06-2006 03:58 PM

pimpin, yeah, mainly because

pimpin, yeah, mainly because it's sunk 3 inches into ruts in her yard!

krousdb 04-06-2006 04:04 PM

Eeeeelectric blue! I think

Eeeeelectric blue! I think the color fits! :)

JanGeo 04-06-2006 04:34 PM

red

WOW looks like they let a lot of water onto the floor and rotted it out - carpet is plastic backed and water tight.

MetroMPG 04-06-2006 05:47 PM

Re: Eeeeelectric blue! I think

Quote:

Originally Posted by krousdb
Eeeeelectric blue! I think the color fits! :)

you got the "eeeeee!" part right. too bad the red car didn't have the good floor! ah well, beggars and choosers, and all that.

jangeo - it looks like the rust came through from the outside first, but once water had a way in, the carpet wicked and held it and it spread like crazy.

JanGeo 04-08-2006 03:54 AM

outside

hummm came throught the floor did it . . . yeah the undercoat is not too thick in many places.

On a side note since I did not see a recent post with this topic . . . took a trip last night to Stamford CT and back to attend a meet. I got 40.1 mpg going down 41.3 coming back - just about all highway with some rain - really heavy at times. The xB handles pretty good in the highway but oddly it seems to turn into the side wind. It really feels weird driving on these roads now sitting up so high after so many years in a lower car on the same roads.

The Toecutter 04-08-2006 10:36 PM

If you think a Geo Metro is

If you think a Geo Metro is low to the ground, you've never driven a Triumph GT6 or ridden in a Lotus Europa. Your head is right at the height of the bumpers of all those oversized trucks and SUVs on the road. It's comforting to know you can nail the accelerator to the floor if the need arises, and wake the dead with the engine roar while you're at it. People may not see you, but they'll certainly hear you.

JanGeo 04-09-2006 04:22 AM

low

my brother had a TR-3 and you could drag your knuckles on the ground if you stuck your arm over the door. your butt was almost on the floor. In the Geo I have looked up at the tops of tires on SUVs.

XFi 04-09-2006 02:57 PM

Midget

Had two MG Midgets...smallest/lowest cars I have ever had.