Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   iOS | Fuelly Mobile (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/)
-   -   Fixed: Problems Syncing with IOS8 (iPhone 6) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/problems-syncing-with-ios8-iphone-6-a-16928.html)

CrashinKC 10-01-2014 06:30 AM

Problems Syncing with IOS8 (iPhone 6)

I am trying to sync my data to a new phone. The phone seems to indicate that it is syncing successfully, but no data is displayed. I synced the data from my old phone then tried to sync from my new phone.

So far I have tried:
Deleting the synced data from old phone to create a new sync.
Then deleting local data on new device and attempting to sync.

(I have also exported all my data to my email just to be sure, but I don't want to type 160 entries back in.)

RobertV 10-02-2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrashinKC (Post 179768)
I am trying to sync my data to a new phone. The phone seems to indicate that it is syncing successfully, but no data is displayed. I synced the data from my old phone then tried to sync from my new phone.

So far I have tried:
Deleting the synced data from old phone to create a new sync.
Then deleting local data on new device and attempting to sync.

(I have also exported all my data to my email just to be sure, but I don't want to type 160 entries back in.)

I'm going to send you a private message via Fuelly Mail.

RobertV 10-03-2014 05:31 AM

To follow up- no data was lost.
CrashinKC was able to delete Gas Cubby from new device, reinstall, and then perform sync and retrieved all the data stored in the Sync server.

CrashinKC 10-03-2014 05:40 AM

Thanks for the assistance.

entropical2002 10-22-2014 06:59 AM

I'm suffering through the same process. I'd appreciate you guys looking into my data sync iphone 6 transition problems as well. Thanks.

RobertV 10-22-2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by entropical2002 (Post 180105)
I'm suffering through the same process. I'd appreciate you guys looking into my data sync iphone 6 transition problems as well. Thanks.

I sent you a private message via Fuelly Mail.

entropical2002 10-24-2014 05:32 AM

Another success story. After a few failed attempts RobertV stepped in and helped me solve my transition to a new phone. No data loss. Thanks RobertV!!

Hawksie 11-04-2014 03:32 AM

Appreciate help too. I've upgraded to a new phone too. Have not been able to retrieve ALL my data. Only part. I've deleted the app from the phone and synched and still no success retrieving all data.

RobertV 11-04-2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawksie (Post 180245)
Appreciate help too. I've upgraded to a new phone too. Have not been able to retrieve ALL my data. Only part. I've deleted the app from the phone and synched and still no success retrieving all data.

Fuelly Mail sent.

zerch911 12-23-2014 07:10 AM

cant sync data to iPhone 6

I have a new phone and I am also having trouble getting the data to sync. I keep getting the message the account is still pending, even after the website is showing the account activation was successful. I have years of data that I need to sync back up. Please help.

RobertV 12-23-2014 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zerch911 (Post 180970)
I have a new phone and I am also having trouble getting the data to sync. I keep getting the message the account is still pending, even after the website is showing the account activation was successful. I have years of data that I need to sync back up. Please help.

After you send the email (and receive it) please force close Gas Cubby prior to attempting sync.

MrDallas28 01-03-2015 01:51 PM

Same issues syncing with iPhone6

I see several folks have had issues syncing to their new iPhone 6. I have Gas Cubby and after adding the email and verifying, I am still unable to sync.

RobertV 01-03-2015 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrDallas28 (Post 181170)
I see several folks have had issues syncing to their new iPhone 6. I have Gas Cubby and after adding the email and verifying, I am still unable to sync.

Is the data just not pulling down? Or does it say you need to login/verify(pending)?
Do you still have the Gas Cubby data on your old phone? Can you tap Sync on it and then try to Sync on the new device?
Can you try using a different email address for both devices?

MrDallas28 01-04-2015 08:39 AM

It was saying login/verify(Pending) even after I validated the link from my email. I had previously tried syncing from my wife's phone as we both use the synchronized copy and did not work. I had already wiped my phone but had a backup which I did a restore which the data was still there. From there I did a sync from Gas Cubby and synced completed successfully. I went back to the iPhone 6 as you suggested and worked like a champ! Thank you for the tips!

RobertV 01-04-2015 01:51 PM

As stated previously, whenever it still says Pending the verification, and you already verified via the email, just force-close Gas Cubby and then tap Sync again.

Glad you got it working MrDallas!

CptGuyana 01-05-2015 10:55 AM

Hello,

I've got a iPhone 4s and am having problems syncing my data.

I've researched the forum and this is what I did.

Verified email >> Forced Close >> Synced. Works but...

Only 1 log was synced....missing about 200 more..

What's wrong with the process that I'm doing?

Many thanks for any help!

CptGuyana

RobertV 01-05-2015 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CptGuyana (Post 181189)
Hello,

I've got a iPhone 4s and am having problems syncing my data.

I've researched the forum and this is what I did.

Verified email >> Forced Close >> Synced. Works but...

Only 1 log was synced....missing about 200 more..

What's wrong with the process that I'm doing?

Many thanks for any help!

CptGuyana

Are you attempting to sync data from an older phone? Or is the 4S the one with all the data and you're moving to a newer phone?

CptGuyana 01-05-2015 12:32 PM

No I had to delete the apps from my phone - Im using the same phone. I did have to install gas cubby again...

RobertV 01-05-2015 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CptGuyana (Post 181193)
No I had to delete the apps from my phone - Im using the same phone. I did have to install gas cubby again...

Hm... I'll send you a Fuelly Mail message here in a bit, so we can do some one-on-one testing.

StormFlyer 01-16-2015 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zerch911 (Post 180970)

I am having the same problem with syncing to my new iphone 6

earth449 01-16-2015 04:59 AM

I've the samme problem with syncing on my new iphone 6 to Sync Server.

RobertV 01-16-2015 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormFlyer (Post 181428)
I am having the same problem with syncing to my new iphone 6

Same problem as the member you quoted? Have you tried force closing Gas Cubby (double tap home button and then swipe up)?
Quote:

Originally Posted by earth449 (Post 181429)
I've the samme problem with syncing on my new iphone 6 to Sync Server.

Do you still have the old phone with the data on it?

earth449 01-16-2015 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 181434)
Do you still have the old phone with the data on it?

I used with aCar app on my old android phone and I change my phone to iphone 6+ to use with Gas Cubby 2.7.1 app on iOS.
I tried to import formatted data with instruction on https://appcubby.com/import/request.php and I recieved mail with import link to my online account https://appcubby.com/import/import.ph...ication=xxxxxx I click this link and browse file to import, but gone blank page with nothing appear.

I can import data to fuelly.com but fuelly.com or GasTracker+ cannot create service vehicle record such as Gas Cubby.

How can I import my formatted data to Gas Cubby Online account for use with Gas Cubby app on iOS?

Thanks

RobertV 01-16-2015 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earth449 (Post 181437)
I used with aCar app on my old android phone and I change my phone to iphone 6+ to use with Gas Cubby 2.7.1 app on iOS.
I tried to import formatted data with instruction on https://appcubby.com/import/request.php and I recieved mail with import link to my online account https://appcubby.com/import/import.ph...ication=xxxxxx I click this link and browse file to import, but gone blank page with nothing appear.

I can import data to fuelly.com but fuelly.com or GasTracker+ cannot create service vehicle record such as Gas Cubby.

How can I import my formatted data to Gas Cubby Online account for use with Gas Cubby app on iOS?

Thanks

That's the original owner's link, and hasn't worked for a long while now.

Gas Cubby does NOT have an option for importing data.

I would recommend importing the data to Fuelly.com and waiting for sync to become available with Gas Cubby when we roll that feature out.

earth449 01-17-2015 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 181438)
That's the original owner's link, and hasn't worked for a long while now.

Gas Cubby does NOT have an option for importing data.

I would recommend importing the data to Fuelly.com and waiting for sync to become available with Gas Cubby when we roll that feature out.

Thanks for your suggestion, I already imported to Fuelly.com and it cannot add new service record but it available on gas cubby app. I found the problem about fuel and distance unit. On Fuelly.com webpage I see fuel and distance unit are "Litres" and "Kilometers" but on GasTracker+ it's show "Gallon" and "Miles", Why they don't show the same unit?

Thanks

Picanol 01-17-2015 07:13 AM

New user with iPhone 6. Data sync only from the website to the app but not from app to web site. Any suggestion?

st333 01-17-2015 05:28 PM

Also having issues after upgrading to iphone 6, please help.

I was able to sync my data, but the mileage details is way off.

RobertV 01-17-2015 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earth449 (Post 181440)
Thanks for your suggestion, I already imported to Fuelly.com and it cannot add new service record but it available on gas cubby app. I found the problem about fuel and distance unit. On Fuelly.com webpage I see fuel and distance unit are "Litres" and "Kilometers" but on GasTracker+ it's show "Gallon" and "Miles", Why they don't show the same unit?

Thanks

So as to not clutter this thread please refer to this thread: https://www.fuelly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17154
(we're aware of the issue with international units and have a fix pending approval).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Picanol (Post 181441)
New user with iPhone 6. Data sync only from the website to the app but not from app to web site. Any suggestion?

I'm confused by this. Are you using Gas Cubby? This thread is regarding Gas Cubby.
Quote:

Originally Posted by st333 (Post 181446)
Also having issues after upgrading to iphone 6, please help.

I was able to sync my data, but the mileage details is way off.

Does the data look like it was converted incorrectly/wrong units?
If so, take a look at this-
Quote:

My data was lost and I followed the directions to recover through Online Sync but, when it appeared, the distance, volume and fuel efficiency numbers were all wrong. What happened?

The default unit setting in Gas Cubby is MPG (US), which means it takes miles and US gallons for input and then outputs miles per gallon. You likely have been using Gas Cubby with other units but, when your data was lost, the units were reset to the default MPG (US). Online Sync only stores the numbers, not the units, so the proper numbers were downloaded but you changed the units back to the proper units setting after the data was recovered, doing a unit conversion in the process.

To fix this, do the following:
Note: if you have not tapped Sync since recovering the data and changing the units, you may skip to step 4.
  1. change the units back to MPG (US)
  2. go to the Setup/Login screen and tap Delete Synced Data
  3. return to the main screen and tap Sync
  4. return to the Setup/Login screen and tap Delete Local Data
  5. change the units to what you had been using all along
  6. return to the main screen and tap Sync.
All your data should now be properly restored.

Picanol 01-18-2015 03:59 AM

Sorry about my lack of attention. Using Gas Tracker. Switching to the correct forum. Good luck y'all

aaonms 01-18-2015 10:58 AM

Please add me to the list of folks encountering troubles attempting to sync to a new iPhone 6.
I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app and forced closed it as well.

RobertV 01-18-2015 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaonms (Post 181457)
Please add me to the list of folks encountering troubles attempting to sync to a new iPhone 6.
I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app and forced closed it as well.

Can you provide me with a little more detail as to what you're experiencing?
What version of the app? What iOS version? What device?
Are you moving to a new device? Do you still have the old one?

Cyllyn 01-22-2015 12:27 PM

I also have much data on my old iPhone 4s I need synced with my iphone 6. When I try to sync my 4s, I'm expecting a sync file to be sent to my email allowing me to sync with my new phone. I am not receiving anything.

Please assist with syncing!! I need this data back.
Thank you.

RobertV 01-22-2015 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyllyn (Post 181520)
I also have much data on my old iPhone 4s I need synced with my iphone 6. When I try to sync my 4s, I'm expecting a sync file to be sent to my email allowing me to sync with my new phone. I am not receiving anything.

Please assist with syncing!! I need this data back.
Thank you.

Are you performing a Sync or emailing yourself a backup file?
Have you ensured your email address entered is correct?

foccacia 01-30-2015 05:13 PM

With so many complains on sync issues, I don't dare to sync my data fearing my data might be lost. What should be the correct procedure? Why isn't there proper method or FAQ to guide through?

RobertV 01-30-2015 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foccacia (Post 181727)
With so many complains on sync issues, I don't dare to sync my data fearing my data might be lost. What should be the correct procedure? Why isn't there proper method or FAQ to guide through?

It may seem like there are a lot of users with sync problems, but only because this is where it's easiest to reach out to them and troubleshoot. So far there's only been a couple that the data was completely irretrievable (user no longer had their old phone with data on it to pull from for example).

There isn't a tried and true method to recover "lost" data. Because it's really case by case. When I help troubleshoot with a user on a one-on-one basis, we cover all the stops.
Ensure you've synced your data-
https://www.fuelly.com/gascubby/suppo...nlinesync.html

Then if you're moving to a new phone, login and sync to move data over before you completely wipe/get rid of your old device.

Also, as a backup (for the backup) feature, we introduced an option to pull the SQLite file and send it to our servers and then email it to yourself for your safe keeping.
I'd recommend saving the data from time to time, but you do NOT have to restore it unless for whatever reason, Sync stops working and you've reached out to me and we've determined that restoring the SQLite file is the best solution.
More details here: SQL Restore Instructions

buelligan 01-30-2015 06:49 PM

I have constant error messages stating that my sync did not go through or did not complete.
my MPG 'seem' to be correct, but i don't want to use an app that seems to be correct.
I want an app that IS correct...
while i have been using this app for quite a few years now, it has too many 'bugs' now.
i am going to try miles tracker or a related app to track my mileage and MPG...

sorry to see it happen, and hate to say it, but this fuelly app, just isn't doing it for me anymore. too many bugs, too many sync issues.

good luck you guys, it's been a good ride, but i need a reliable product.

RobertV 01-30-2015 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buelligan (Post 181730)
I have constant error messages stating that my sync did not go through or did not complete.
my MPG 'seem' to be correct, but i don't want to use an app that seems to be correct.
I want an app that IS correct...
while i have been using this app for quite a few years now, it has too many 'bugs' now.
i am going to try miles tracker or a related app to track my mileage and MPG...

sorry to see it happen, and hate to say it, but this fuelly app, just isn't doing it for me anymore. too many bugs, too many sync issues.

good luck you guys, it's been a good ride, but i need a reliable product.

I'm really sorry you're having trouble. If you can give me some info I can try to help.

What error message are you receiving? What version of the app are you running? What device and iOS version?

I'm not sure what you mean by the numbers "seem correct". Where are you seeing a discrepancy? Can you provide me with your CSV file, or maybe even a screenshot so we can see what's going on?

To be honest, there hasn't been any major updates to the existing Gas Cubby.
We had to release a few critical patches because the app (which was built years ago- by the previous owner by the way) was struggling with the iOS 8 update.
The issues with the syncing data/moving to a new device are only becoming more prominent as new devices are being released (iPhone 6/6+) and our users are wanting to upgrade to them. What's frustrating is that we hadn't changed anything with the sync server because we didn't want to risk any data loss until we were ready to fully migrate ALL the data to Fuelly's servers. This means the bugs/problems were around before we even took over the app. So we've been working overtime to get our servers ready to accept the data and get our new update ready to sync that data. We did offer a preventative option that I mentioned above (the SQLite backup).

The major updates are coming in version 3, which we're working on internally; finding and fixing as many bugs as we can before releasing to our beta testers.

Hate to hear you're leaving, but I encourage you to keep us in mind and watch for the update so you can give us another shot later on down the road! :coolsmiley:

aaonms 03-29-2015 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 181465)
Can you provide me with a little more detail as to what you're experiencing?
What version of the app? What iOS version? What device?
Are you moving to a new device? Do you still have the old one?

Sorry for the delay…
Moved from an iPhone 5 to 6
iPhone 6; software 8.1.2
Gas Cubby 2.7.1
Still have the 5... for now...

RobertV 03-29-2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaonms (Post 182626)
Sorry for the delay…
Moved from an iPhone 5 to 6
iPhone 6; software 8.1.2
Gas Cubby 2.7.1
Still have the 5... for now...

Is the data still on the 5?
Have you attempted any of the suggestions I've posted in this thread?

vballnut 05-03-2015 09:30 PM

Restoring to iPhone 5s

I have an iPhone 5s with iOS 8.3 and tried the recommendations in the restore instructions, but the apps listed can't seem to get around the iTunes app sharing issue. I'm kind of stuck now and was wondering if there were any workarounds to getting my years of data restored. I have the sqlite3 file from my last backup on Gas Cubby.

Thanks!... Eddie