Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   iOS | Fuelly Mobile (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/)
-   -   Missing Data Issues (Re-Run 2.7 to 3.0 Upgrade) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/missing-data-issues-re-run-2-7-to-3-0-upgrade-18895.html)

RobertV 09-09-2016 10:29 AM

Missing Data Issues (Re-Run 2.7 to 3.0 Upgrade)

7 Attachment(s)
Missing Vehicles and Logs (Fuel and Service)
You can re-migrate your data using this new version of Gas Cubby. In order to do this, please follow the below steps:

Please Read These Instructions Carefully
Follow The Instructions Exactly

1) Update your app to v3.0.8 using the app store (if needed). Many users have their phones set to update their apps overnight if connected to WiFI.

2) Make sure you are logged into fuelly.com. You can check this by going to the Settings menu and if you see a “Logout” button, that means you are logged into the app.
*Note- if you have not yet setup sync or are choosing not to, skip to step 3*

Attachment 2276

3) At the bottom of the Settings screen there is a link to “Re-run 2.7 to 3.0 Upgrade”. Tap on this link.
At this point the app will walk you through the Re-migration process. Please read the instructions carefully.
Attachment 2277

4) Select your Fuel Efficiency (I.e. MPG, Km/L, etc..)
Attachment 2278

5) Please note that this will restore the data as of the backup file date (for many, this is the date you migrated from v2.7 to 3.0). Any data entered since the backup file date will not be migrated and will be removed during this process. You have two options to re-migrate:
5a) You can use the existing 2.7 data located within your app provided that you have NOT deleted the app since you have upgraded. To do this, simply tap Continue.
5b) You can paste in the URL that you received via email.
Attachment 2279
Attachment 2280

6) Enter your vehicle(s) Location / Year / Make / Model / Submodel / etc
Make sure to select your Country. If you don't select the proper Country, fuel data may create errors in your logs.
Attachment 2281

7) Enter your fuelly.com user ID and password *Note- if this is your first time registering your previously used email for GasCubby sync is NOT your Fuelly.com login. You must create a new account.*
Attachment 2282

8) Verify that your vehicle(s) and data are correct.

So what do I do if I already have duplicate vehicles?
We built a tool to easily allow you to remove duplicate vehicles. Please go to this other discussion where we show you how to use that tool:
https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f39/dup...les-18896.html

------------
Any questions or concerns during this process, please post in this thread with what steps you've completed before encountering a problem so that we can help troubleshoot. The more information you provide, the faster we can help find a resolution.

------------
Reminder: Sign up for GasCubby 2.7 to 3.0 Email Updates.  To do this just go to:
GasCubby Support and Information

cchock 09-09-2016 02:15 PM

version 3.0.8 build 3.0.8.800 here no "request 2.7 recovery data" option in settings

andyrobo 09-09-2016 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cchock (Post 190966)
version 3.0.8 build 3.0.8.800 here no "request 2.7 recovery data" option in settings

Have you deleted the app and done a fresh install of GasCubby? the reason I ask is because the app only shows that option when it sees the old 2.7 database on the current device. If there is no 2.7 database on the current device the link is not shown.

RobertV 09-09-2016 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cchock (Post 190966)

Then you must've deleted the app at some point clearing that local data. If you have your backup URL, then you can use that by pasting it into the text box in the next step.

cchock 09-09-2016 03:54 PM

how do I get a backup url?

andyrobo 09-09-2016 04:29 PM

It was supposed to be sent to you when you first ran through the migration. If you did not get one, can you confirm that you deleted the app from your phone? Did you regularly sync with old GasCubby server? If so, we might be able to find your info there.

cchock 09-09-2016 04:38 PM

yes I deleted the old app because that day the update was stuck. Yes I did regularly synced with the old gas cubby server. Thanks for your help!

purchased app on 01/02/14

andyrobo 09-09-2016 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cchock (Post 190975)
yes I deleted the old app because that day the update was stuck. Yes I did regularly synced with the old gas cubby server. Thanks for your help!

purchased app on 01/02/14

OK, we will look to see if we can find one of your backups on the old server. Please be patient, it might not be until next week that we can look. Did you use the same email address for the old sync server that is link to your Fuelly account?

cchock 09-09-2016 05:05 PM

Thank you.
I think last entry was 08/22/16 and 08/15/16
Most likely same email

spark622 09-09-2016 05:15 PM

27 to 3.0 re-migrate still not working

Hello. I just re-ran the migration from 2.7 to 3.0 and I'm still missing some data (logs) on one of my cars.

1. I am experiencing the issue with only one of my vehicles. All the other vehicles appear to be fine.
2. At no point did I delete the app from my phone (so the old 2.7 database is still on the phone)
3. I've been using Gas Cubby since 2009.

Is there anything else I can do at this point to restore my data? If nothing can be done, I'm actually ok with getting a data dump of my file in either xl or csv if that's simpler.

-sam

FreeLunch 09-09-2016 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cchock (Post 190972)
how do I get a backup url?

It was emailed to you when you performed the initial migration.

Kitko 09-09-2016 10:02 PM

Still no entries after upgrade rerun

Dear Fuelly,

Yet another update, yet another failure.

None of my entries contains crucial information about how much fuel I poured into the tank. I have my odo details, location of fuel up, but no Litres.

I've followed your instructions to the letter, using both options, as I have not deleted the app.

Using app data - no fuel data appeared.
Pasting the link that was supposed to contain my backup data - no fuel data appeared.

Which can only mean two things.

Either your migration backup is flawed or your upgrade delete some data of individual entries on my iPad.

Please take it seriously.

jimkarthauser 09-10-2016 02:18 AM

Hi Fuelly

I'm still having issues too, after re-migrating today to the latest version. My old vehicles have duplicated data, which is fine, I can just delete the duplicate. However, the data set for my current vehicle is completely messed up.

1. I have duplicate logs for each fill up but they are not identical.

for example

25/08/16 6.359L £6.98
25/08/16 6.359L £6.99

Every fuel entry has a very similar duplicate.

2. On the old app I've been recording my fuel usage correctly as I use two fuels - vegetable oil and pumped diesel. This data has not been brought forward correctly either. I can't see any option to add a custom fuel like there was on the old app.

3. Finally, I record my data in KM, with KM/L, but it has brought it forward as miles. If I switch the units to KM/L my odometer readings are still in miles on the app which completely messes up the data. On the old app switching between KM/L and MPG would convert all of the odometer readings. It would appear that this isn't the case any more. They are brought forward in miles but I can't change it to KM, even manually, it would seem.

The old app was great, and was everything I needed and wanted. I understand there are teething issues, but please can we have the opportunity to go back to the old app until this problem is properly sorted?

Or at least have a CSV copy of all of our data.

Thanks

Jim

OtisH 09-10-2016 04:23 AM

I'm having a similar problem as spark622. Two of my vehicles are missing. I did not delete the app

OtisH 09-10-2016 04:33 AM

BTW - Thanks for all the hard work your team has put into this trying to improve your product and get these issues resolved!!

andyrobo 09-10-2016 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimkarthauser (Post 190994)
Hi Fuelly

I'm still having issues too, after re-migrating today to the latest version. My old vehicles have duplicated data, which is fine, I can just delete the duplicate. However, the data set for my current vehicle is completely messed up.

1. I have duplicate logs for each fill up but they are not identical.

for example

25/08/16 6.359L £6.98
25/08/16 6.359L £6.99

Every fuel entry has a very similar duplicate.

2. On the old app I've been recording my fuel usage correctly as I use two fuels - vegetable oil and pumped diesel. This data has not been brought forward correctly either. I can't see any option to add a custom fuel like there was on the old app.

3. Finally, I record my data in KM, with KM/L, but it has brought it forward as miles. If I switch the units to KM/L my odometer readings are still in miles on the app which completely messes up the data. On the old app switching between KM/L and MPG would convert all of the odometer readings. It would appear that this isn't the case any more. They are brought forward in miles but I can't change it to KM, even manually, it would seem.

The old app was great, and was everything I needed and wanted. I understand there are teething issues, but please can we have the opportunity to go back to the old app until this problem is properly sorted?

Or at least have a CSV copy of all of our data.

Thanks

Jim

Jim, it sounds like you will need to re-run the upgrade and set the distance/volume prior to import. That will fix the unit issue but not the duplicate log entries due to rounding error. We are aware of the rounding issue, it's on our list for the next build. I know this is not an ideal suggestion but if possible, I would wait until the next app update which should be able to fix both of your issues. That means writing down any entries so you can add them later.

If you really want to get the app online, I believe we can walk you through the re-upgrade using your backup URL where you can set the units. That should fix that issue but the rounding issue will still exist. So if you can wait, we should hopefully fix that in next weeks release.

Basically our focus was on trying to fix the largest issues that affected the most people. We still have a list of smaller issues that need to be resolved. We are prioritizing them based on the number of reports we are having for each issue. The issues with the most reports are getting fixed first.

We have been trying to size up the number of people affected and my rough math would suggest we had some around 10% (+/- 5%) of users might have had some type of issue. Of those, we are hoping, 80% of the issues will be resolved with this last fix released yesterday. Next week we will focus on the other fixes in our next release to hopefully resolve 80% of the last remaining issues. Keep repeating.

As for a CSV export, we don't have a tool that will take your old GasCubby 2.7 and convert it to CSV. Once you are on Fuelly we do have an export tool to get a CSV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spark622 (Post 190979)
Hello. I just re-ran the migration from 2.7 to 3.0 and I'm still missing some data (logs) on one of my cars.

1. I am experiencing the issue with only one of my vehicles. All the other vehicles appear to be fine.
2. At no point did I delete the app from my phone (so the old 2.7 database is still on the phone)
3. I've been using Gas Cubby since 2009.

Is there anything else I can do at this point to restore my data? If nothing can be done, I'm actually ok with getting a data dump of my file in either xl or csv if that's simpler.

-sam

Sam, we will be in touch to investigate. We are trying to find patterns so we can systematically resolve the issues with an update.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OtisH (Post 190998)
I'm having a similar problem as spark622. Two of my vehicles are missing. I did not delete the app

Otis, we will investigate. Just don't delete the app and make sure you have a backup URL saved in your emails.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OtisH (Post 191000)
BTW - Thanks for all the hard work your team has put into this trying to improve your product and get these issues resolved!!

Thanks, it means a lot to get some support, we really appreciate it. Last week was a long stressful week trying to identify and fix the issues. It sure will be nice to get everyone take care of and be able to focus on the future. Thanks for keeping a positive attitude and being patient.

gadgetto 09-10-2016 08:37 AM

Still not all cars in the new app

Hello Fuelly team,

as I don't get answers (any longer) via the built in Feedback tool, I'll post my problems here:

I updated to the new version on first day the update was released.
The upgrade process leads me through the migration process for all of my 4 cars.
I received the backup url.

The migration failed and I initially had only 2 of my 4 cards in the new app.
As the new GasCubby app had a lot of problems on first day, I deleted and reinstalled the app -
the next day, you hinted to NOT delete the app...

Today I tried to re-run the import process by pasting the backup URL into the migration toll and again only 2 of my previous 4 cars are restored.

The actual car is missing and one of the older cars.

What to do now?

My username is @gadgetto
My email is [Redacted]- RobertV

Please help!

larryjjs 09-10-2016 09:56 AM

Still missing data

I am still missing data. Vin, service logs etc. Come on already. Unbelievable

RobertV 09-10-2016 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryjjs (Post 191019)
I am still missing data. Vin, service logs etc. Come on already. Unbelievable

Tap Edit Vehicle.
Are you certain the VIN/etc are still missing?
If so, which vehicle(s) specifically?

Kitko 09-10-2016 11:48 AM

Stonewalling?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 191020)
Tap Edit Vehicle.
Are you certain the VIN/etc are still missing?
If so, which vehicle(s) specifically?

Robert, why do you start your reply with a question that doubts everyhing the user said?

All the replies seem to revolve around 'our method works'.

Yet you have a substantial amount of users who, by the looks of it, lost the data.

I'll be glad to work with you on solving the issue, as I'm sure other users would, but the ball is now on your half of the court.

For crying out loud, people shared their personal details here to incite your assistance.

andyrobo 09-10-2016 02:25 PM

Kitko, I don't think Robert is doubting, I believe he's just asking the user to confirm. We have had a ton of reports of issues that were actually just issues where the user didn't know how to find something. So he's just asking the user to confirm.

Larry, did you re-run the upgrade process after the app update yesterday (Friday Sept, 9, 2016)? If so, did you do so from the data on your phone or from the backup URL?

gadgetto - On Monday we will discuss your issue when the developers are back at work. We'll get back to you with more info ASAP. In the meantime please write down your logs so you can enter them later. Alternatively, you can create a new vehicle and start logging there and then just transfer them over and delete the new vehicle when we get your historic logs fixed. Once again, sorry about the issues.

dslbvr 09-10-2016 06:43 PM

Hi,

I re-ran the conversion process on v 3.0.8 and I still have a missing data problem.

It seems that all my information came over except fuel volume in this specific situation: Each entry where I did not enter fuel price, only gallons, the number of gallons is 0. Every time I entered a price AND volume, the information is there.

Unfortunately, I usually do not enter a price as I fuel from commercial card locks so I'm missing most of my information.

I hope you're able to fix many of these issues as I'm eager to use the new app. It looks great!

gadgetto 09-10-2016 10:24 PM

@fuelly team:

Wouldn't it be possible to let the users which are having massive problems switch back to the "old" GasCubby app - download their original data from the old GasCubby sync server and let re-run the migration process?

larryjjs 09-11-2016 08:01 AM

Still missing data

OK I found the VIN #'s. Makes no sense at all to me to hit edit to see the VINS though. Should be always visible under each car data. I AM STILL MISSING DATA THOUGH FOR ACURA MDX SERVICE DATA AND LEXUS GS350 SERVICE. What gives? Maybe time to just get a new app.

tansathit 09-12-2016 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeLunch (Post 190987)
It was emailed to you when you performed the initial migration.

Hi Support team,

There is no email on the first migration on that day for me (31/Aug/2016) I have checked both of inbox and junk email folder. I have only a CSV file export from the site after migrated, which is missing one of my vehicle.

I tried to re-migration v2.7 to v3.0 and app pop-up "Missing GassCubby 2.7 Data" then I have to input the backup up URL. I don't have the v2.7 backup file but the app shown "Migrating - Do not close".

After that, all of my vehicles are gone!!

what should I do now? Can I import the CSV file into the app?

my account is "[redacted]-RobertV".

Thanks

tansathit 09-12-2016 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tansathit (Post 191063)
Hi Support team,

There is no email on the first migration on that day for me (31/Aug/2016) I have checked both of inbox and junk email folder. I have only a CSV file export from the site after migrated, which is missing one of my vehicle.

I tried to re-migration v2.7 to v3.0 and app pop-up "Missing GassCubby 2.7 Data" then I have to input the backup up URL. I don't have the v2.7 backup file but the app shown "Migrating - Do not close".

After that, all of my vehicles are gone!!

what should I do now? Can I import the CSV file into the app?

my account is "[redacted]-RobertV".

Thanks

**UPDATE**
I found the link in another device (iphone) to get the backup URL from my email "Apps > Settings > Request GC 2.7 Recovery Data".

This link isn't shown on my iPad.

I resynced and everything worked fine.

**PROBLEM SOLVED**

andyrobo 09-12-2016 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tansathit (Post 191064)
**UPDATE**
I found the link in another device (iphone) to get the backup URL from my email "Apps > Settings > Request GC 2.7 Recovery Data".

This link isn't shown on my iPad.

I resynced and everything worked fine.

**PROBLEM SOLVED**

Great, I'm glad you are all set.

dieselsmoke1967 09-12-2016 08:56 AM

Data still missing after re-run of 2.7 to 3.0.8 upgrade

Hello,

I have followed the instructions in this thread twice, once by using the backup DB on my iPhone, the second time by pasting the recovery URL from my email, and neither time was successful. My situation is the same as it was after my initial migration from 2.7 to 3.0 - my vehicle logs are present, but the Fuel logs contain no data as far as volume of fuel pumped into the tank. The Odometer values are present, as is the date of each fuel up, notes, etc., only the gallons value is empty for all entries.

Service logs all appear to be correct.

My email address is: [redacted]-RobertV

Thank you.

RobertV 09-12-2016 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryjjs (Post 191042)
OK I found the VIN #'s. Makes no sense at all to me to hit edit to see the VINS though. Should be always visible under each car data. I AM STILL MISSING DATA THOUGH FOR ACURA MDX SERVICE DATA AND LEXUS GS350 SERVICE. What gives? Maybe time to just get a new app.

It's similar to the previous version, where you had to tap the "i" or "Info" page of the vehicle. We just skip the "Info" page, and go straight to the Edit.
We didn't want to just have it available on the first page, since it was expressed to us via feedback that certain items, like VIN and License Plate and Insurance # should be somewhat discreet. "Hiding" them behind the Edit-level page makes them easy to obtain, while not being "out in the open" per se.

We'll need to check your specific backup file to see about the services for those 2 vehicles. Everything else migrated over properly?

larryjjs 09-12-2016 02:47 PM

Missing data

As far as i can tell everything else migrated properly. There are not a lot of service entries on those 2 vehicles as they are fairly new. Thanks

cchock 09-15-2016 09:47 AM

Hello, have you tried to locate my previous data?

RobertV 09-16-2016 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimkarthauser (Post 190994)
~snip~

Jim

Emailed you.
Quote:

Originally Posted by cchock (Post 191132)
Hello, have you tried to locate my previous data?

I'm not seeing a backup associated to the email address you used to register your Fuelly account. Did you delete the app at some point (perhaps during the install/migration process) or maybe use a different email address when it prompted to send you a backup?

*Edit- just found another post where you said you deleted the app during install.

dianabass 09-16-2016 02:36 PM

So....I have been emailing back and forth with Edward Young and he just informed me that you (Fuelly) can't find any of my service data. I sent him by backup link that your system sent to me when you HIJACKED my application and apparently your developers are unable to recover my data.

Let me tell you...I am beyond sick to my stomach. I am a PAYING customer of GasCubby. I did not use the free version. I entrusted GasCubby to sync my data (which I did religiously) and store it safely. I do not have a backup of my service records for my vehicle. Everything was in GasCubby.

How is Fuelly going to address this? Clearly I am not the only person who is incredibly frustrated and DISAPPOINTED in the way this migration has occurred.

I should mention....I've done every single thing that Fuelly has suggested to get my data back to no avail.

andyrobo 09-16-2016 04:04 PM

Diana, I sent you a direct message asking for any other email addresses that might be connected to the old sync server. That server was left untouched, all the synced data is still on it. So if we can find your data we can import it into the new system.

Also, do you happen to have any iCloud backups?

FreeLunch 09-16-2016 04:25 PM

Diana - you should receive two emails tonight. Can you please accept both requests from the old Gas Cubby sync server?

thanks.

jstackhouse 09-17-2016 07:42 AM

As with other users, I have lost a lot of data stored in data files relative to the old Gas Cubby application. Specifically, I have lost most of the information recorded from 2004 to 2009 for the jeep. Please look for my data on the old server so I can get this sorted out. Like others who have posted, I have tried everything you suggested in your email notifications.

MarkPrid 09-18-2016 07:15 AM

I accidentally deleted one of my vehicles when trying to eliminate duplicate vehicles. Is there a process to restore my data by reversing the deletion?

lebrower 09-19-2016 07:02 AM

Hello Robert (of site team)

Before I get un-civil, I would like to suggest one small change to your upgrade to version 3.08. Your upgrade should offer people the option of checking to see if their data actually exists on your server before it destroys the old version of the program. That may be an Apple issue or your issue all I know is this.

Your upgrade, which automatically loads from iTunes (and automatically deletes my old version of Gas Cubby) does not check to see if the user has an account on Fuelly. I was using the Gas Cubby app as a stand alone program to store my fuel and maintenance data. Your new program has removed my old program, deleted 7 years of data and then locked up completely because I never subscribed to an on-line back up of my data. It would have been nice to have the choice to stop this process before I downloaded the newest version. I am sure your new version of Gas Cubby has all kinds of wonderful new features AND you would have been justified in asking me to PAY for an upgrade. But the only new feature I have been able to use is the COMPLETE DESTRUCTION of 7 years of data.

So to finish this email and become completely un-civil. Fxxx you and the horse you rode in on!

RobertV 09-19-2016 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkPrid (Post 191178)
I accidentally deleted one of my vehicles when trying to eliminate duplicate vehicles. Is there a process to restore my data by reversing the deletion?

I've restored all your deleted vehicles. You can now Edit-Delete the ones you do not need.
Quote:

Originally Posted by lebrower (Post 191197)
Hello Robert (of site team)

Before I get un-civil, I would like to suggest one small change to your upgrade to version 3.08. Your upgrade should offer people the option of checking to see if their data actually exists on your server before it destroys the old version of the program. That may be an Apple issue or your issue all I know is this.

Your upgrade, which automatically loads from iTunes (and automatically deletes my old version of Gas Cubby) does not check to see if the user has an account on Fuelly. I was using the Gas Cubby app as a stand alone program to store my fuel and maintenance data. Your new program has removed my old program, deleted 7 years of data and then locked up completely because I never subscribed to an on-line back up of my data. It would have been nice to have the choice to stop this process before I downloaded the newest version. I am sure your new version of Gas Cubby has all kinds of wonderful new features AND you would have been justified in asking me to PAY for an upgrade. But the only new feature I have been able to use is the COMPLETE DESTRUCTION of 7 years of data.

So to finish this email and become completely un-civil. Fxxx you and the horse you rode in on!

Lynn,
Would you be willing to give me an opportunity to investigate your data loss and try to get it restored to v3 for you?

lebrower 09-19-2016 10:07 AM

Hello Robert,

No need.

I was able to reset and restart from a backup. For reasons I do not completely understand I was able to get ver 3.0.8 up and my data is still present.

Let's put it down to my fault and let me offer my apologies for an intemperate post.