Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Window Stickers (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/window-stickers-2363.html)

JanGeo 06-25-2006 07:50 AM

Hey is that white lettering on the outside of the rear window - I had problems with vinyl lettering only lasting about 1 year because of the black paint inside the glass edges making it get really hot in the summer the letters pealed off - ice and snow in the winter didn't help much either.
Printing white on clear is a little tricky but I have done other colors including full color with a thermal resin transfer computer printer on clear vinyl and stuck them on the inside of the Geo rear side window and they lasat forever there without fading.

Think in terms of the mailing size also - extra postage for odd shaped envelopes.

95metro 06-26-2006 06:52 AM

Yes, the white lettering would be on the outside. It should last 3-5 years easy, but yes, it is better to put it on a clearer portion of the window rather than on the black rim.

Thermal printed is only designed for a 3 year life span, but can last longer. However, it also costs 2 - 3 times as much for the decals. I'm looking for the ultra cheapo method.

No quotes yet, but no sign company works on the weekends around here anyway.

95metro 07-12-2006 12:08 PM

Just so everyone knows, I finally received a decent quote and ordered the window stickers today.

JanGeo 07-12-2006 06:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Arggg - I did a bunch of work for a buddy of mine and he could have made them and cut them out as payback for me. Maybe I will get some more laser compatible vinyl from him and print some up - they last a lot longer if stuck on a bumper as long as you don't get hit and they peal off clean without leaving any glue - except the bumper fades around the sticker.

Attachment 12

budomove 07-12-2006 07:58 PM

I'll take 'em all! :p kidding, but...

do you have paypal?

Matt Timion 07-12-2006 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by budomove
I'll take 'em all! :p kidding, but...

do you have paypal?

Who?

BTW, I think I have injector plugs for you.

budomove 07-12-2006 09:32 PM

Matt, I was addressing you.
the plugs were for the complete vx swap that finished for $107.50 on ebay yesterday. i missed it by 1 second, :( ...so i guess i won't be needing the plugs. thank you anyway. :p

Matt Timion 07-12-2006 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by budomove
Matt, I was addressing you.
the plugs were for the complete vx swap that finished for $107.50 on ebay yesterday. i missed it by 1 second, :( ...so i guess i won't be needing the plugs. thank you anyway. :p

Well, to answer your first question, I do have paypal... it's paypal(at)gassavers[d0t]org (kinda easy to remember, eh?). Sorry for the cryptic nature of posting it, but I've had mutliple email addresses spidered and added to spam lists within 24 hours of posting them.

Let it be known that I have obd1 Honda injector plugs if anyone ever needs them.

budomove 07-12-2006 10:25 PM

what are the dimensions of the decals?

white type on clear, right?

budomove 07-12-2006 10:29 PM

i think i'm gonna go with four of em.

top windshield

rear hatch glass

both rear windows

maybe the front would be overkill, we'll see. :p