Window Stickers - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-23-2006, 05:21 AM   #1
Registered Member

Window Stickers

I have never felt the urge to put any websites sticker on my car before. But I would but buy and display a Gassaver.org sticker if some were to be put up for sale. I was thinking the white lettering on clear.

Just a suggestion if anyone else wants to get some made.

Thanks,

Jack

https://www.cardomain.com/ride/2452824

GasSavers_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:00 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
I have never felt the urge to put any websites sticker on my car before. But I would but buy and display a Gassaver.org sticker if some were to be put up for sale. I was thinking the white lettering on clear.

Just a suggestion if anyone else wants to get some made.

Thanks,

Jack
We had this discussion a few months ago. My local sticker shop could do them for $7 each (I think...I'll try to find the old thread), but nobody showed that much interest for me to start getting them made. If interest flared up, I would definately go get them made.

EDIT

HERE is the link to the old thread.

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:10 AM   #3
*shrug*

I want some but I don't have that much money, grr! I don't even have a Dartmouth sticker cuz after shipping it's like 15 dollars.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:52 AM   #4
Registered Member

There are companies that will do it for less than $7 each, you just have to buy a bunch at one time.

That's always a good way to raise funds for the site. Make them for like $4 each, and sell them for $10 or more. Many sites consider it donating to the site but when you donate you get a free sticker. lol
LincolnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:23 AM   #5
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90CivicStandard
There are companies that will do it for less than $7 each, you just have to buy a bunch at one time.

That's always a good way to raise funds for the site. Make them for like $4 each, and sell them for $10 or more. Many sites consider it donating to the site but when you donate you get a free sticker. lol
I would like to do this actually. I had looked at a few places but got distracted with a number of other things since. I was considering doing stickers and license plate frames. Looks like something I'll have to look into again soon.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:40 AM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX
My local sticker shop could do them for $7 each
This seems expensive to me since we could have them done just in white vinyl lettering. They are still really easy to put on - I could do a "how-to" thread.

I know people like white-on-clear decals and such, but lettering is WAY cheaper. I'm certain we could get them for $1-$2 a piece. I'll e-mail a sign-company I frequently do business with and ask.

How big should they be? I would think that just the words gassavers.org around 10" long (1.25" top to bottom of the "g") would be fine. I don't want some bigass sticker on my car.

EDIT: I just calculated it out from my signmaking days memories and they actually work out to around $0.80 a piece (possibly more, possibly less...yes, and in CDN funds!). I will still get a real quote. Matt, I wouldn't mind ordering these and shipping them to you. How many do you think we would need?
Old 06-23-2006, 09:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95metro
This seems expensive to me since we could have them done just in white vinyl lettering. They are still really easy to put on - I could do a "how-to" thread.

I know people like white-on-clear decals and such, but lettering is WAY cheaper. I'm certain we could get them for $1-$2 a piece. I'll e-mail a sign-company I frequently do business with and ask.

How big should they be? I would think that just the words gassavers.org around 10" long (1.25" top to bottom of the "g") would be fine. I don't want some bigass sticker on my car.

EDIT: I just calculated it out from my signmaking days memories and they actually work out to around $0.80 a piece (possibly more, possibly less...yes, and in CDN funds!). I will still get a real quote. Matt, I wouldn't mind ordering these and shipping them to you. How many do you think we would need?
My only suggestion (as stated in the previous thread) is to make the stickers say "GasSavers.org" and not "gassavers.org."

If you can get vinyl lettering that cheap, I'm all for it.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:53 AM   #8
Registered Member

Okay, good point, DaX. Once I get a quote I'll post it and an image of the final product. I've been talking to Matt about ordering them so we'll see what happens.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:01 AM   #9
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95metro
Okay, good point, DaX. Once I get a quote I'll post it and an image of the final product. I've been talking to Matt about ordering them so we'll see what happens.
I'll email you a file with the font I use as well as the text.

As for selling them, I have no desire (nor do I think it's possible) to make a ton of money on stickers, so the market wouldn't be too high. I'd probably send one to anyone who has already donated money to the site for free.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:05 AM   #10
Registered Member

Humanist 521 Extra Bold Condensed... (or Antique Olive depending on program and time period of the font)