Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   what's with dogs and eating nasty things. (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/whats-with-dogs-and-eating-nasty-things-6754.html)

Silveredwings 11-15-2007 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skewbe (Post 82414)
LOL, "lets start a thread about dog crap and complain about the quality of responses" LOL!! :)

Now THAT's funny! :D

basjoos 11-15-2007 07:07 PM

Puppies are more prone to eat adult dog feces since they are growing fast and their diet is often deficient in the vitamins and other nutrients they need. The bacteria in the gut produce many of these nutrients, so when the feces comes out, it is enriched in them.

Dogs like to eat cat feces since the cat's short gut isn't very effective at extracting nutrients and leaves lots of nutrients behind in the feces. Since cats also eat a meat diet, to dogs, cat feces is simply a pre-digested meal.

Those cute little fuzzy bunny rabbits also eat their feces. They produce 2 types of fecal pellets. The soft type is consumed for a 2nd pass through the gut, the hard type is left behind and is the "rabbit raisins" you see out in the field.

Snax 11-15-2007 07:53 PM

Two things:

1 - Dachshunds are the baracudas of the dog world. They will take a rotting skunk carcass out of a German Sheppard's mouth if it suits them. In short, they will eat anything they want - quickly!

2 - Switching the dogs to the same food your neighbor's dog eats will likely take care of eating that particular dog's poop.

Oh, and I guess one more thing: A dog's mouth is the second most nasty place on earth and is only bested by that of the Komodo dragon.

Ok, so I'm making that last part up, but they lick their own butts. What more do you need to know to keep them from licking your face? :)

cfg83 11-15-2007 11:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
csrmel -

How about those Dodgers! ... Dodger Dogs are great! ... But, they're shaped like ..... Dammit dammit dammit!!!!!

Maybe this is what dogs see :

Attachment 1082

CarloSW2

VetteOwner 11-16-2007 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snax (Post 82430)
Two things:

1 - Dachshunds are the baracudas of the dog world. They will take a rotting skunk carcass out of a German Sheppard's mouth if it suits them. In short, they will eat anything they want - quickly!

2 - Switching the dogs to the same food your neighbor's dog eats will likely take care of eating that particular dog's poop.

Oh, and I guess one more thing: A dog's mouth is the second most nasty place on earth and is only bested by that of the Komodo dragon.

Ok, so I'm making that last part up, but they lick their own butts. What more do you need to know to keep them from licking your face? :)

LOL yea, i mean if i wiped my butt with my hand would you wanna handshake from me?:D

but anyways, Stormin matt:
(following is not picking on you or directed to you, you just happen to be the one to bring it up)

i was readin the part you said about people not likeing cats eating birds. well yea i can see the point about certian animals not eating other ceetian animals but how is that any different from us eating a chicken. at least i can see a bird being food, fish, and anyhtign else that we consider an animal. Cows eat plants, fish eat bugs and plants, chickens eat feed and seeds and other chickens (they just dont know it). every other animal has a logical food group that fits with it. but poo? didnt realize that poo was a food group:p

dogs ahve 2 food groups: group one: (poo) group two:(everything else on this planet as we know it) (ya know this includes food items and not so much food items liek paper, plastic , rubber, cloth, wood, etc...)

2TonJellyBean 11-17-2007 05:34 AM

I really miss my dog and now it's always me having to clean the hurl from SWMBO's feline.

cfg83 11-17-2007 12:37 PM

2TonJellyBean -

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2TonJellyBean (Post 82579)
I really miss my dog and now it's always me having to clean the hurl from SWMBO's feline.

We have two cats, and one will try to eat the hurl of the other (energy efficient eating?!?!?!), but we don't let him get away with it if we're here. Grosss!!!!

CarloSW2

Silveredwings 11-17-2007 06:14 PM

Yeah, they always say how clean cats are but if a dog blows chunks, he just cleans it right up. :D

My dog was chowin' on Horse turds again today. I mean he couldn't resist: they were still steamin'. :rolleyes:

skewbe 11-17-2007 06:32 PM

I just saw Bear Grylls squeezing an elephant turd into his mouth for water, even I almost lost it as big chunks were falling off and bouncing off his face *hork* :)

You've been warned:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=6vlEavUH9ng

Silveredwings 11-17-2007 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skewbe (Post 82641)
I just saw Bear Grylls squeezing an elephant turd into his mouth for water, even I almost lost it as big chunks were falling off and bouncing off his face *hork* :)

You've been warned:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=6vlEavUH9ng

Yeah baby, yeah! Tastes a bit nutty. ;) :thumbup: