CA VX to Fed VX conversion questions - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2008, 01:46 AM   #11
Registered Member

aah good news 4 me then. my VX is CA , converted with the 49state ecu & 5wire o2. its a 1992 model btw. finally got a new o2 and will be installing it ASAP and smoggin it cuz my tags be expired =(. if it dont pass i have an Apexi VAFC i can plug in to lean the fuel even more. Good luck to all who convert it to FED w/lean burn! viva! lol

Nden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:01 AM   #12
Registered Member

With the lower sulfer 10% ethanol fuels in Virginia today, I would bet that a Federal VX would pass the original California smog test, as long as everything was working corrrectly.

regards
gary

Old 07-14-2008, 11:37 AM   #13
Registered Member

I just did the Fed ECU and 5 wire O2 sensor swap yesterday. On my first test run I got 54mpg! Lean burn is pretty fun to play with. I still need to practice it some more. I found it pretty hard to stay in on the highway when going up anything steeper than a slight grade. I think with improved technique and some Low Rolling Resistance tires, it'll get better.

I used the great advice in this thread that I'm posting in right now and this thread. Many thanks to everyone that contributed, esp monroe74 and Wandering Albatross! Thank you all!

more to come after I've driven it some more....

GasSavers_mango is offline   Reply With Quote