Lost Premium Status - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > aCar | Mobile for Android
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2023, 12:52 PM   #1
Registered Member

Lost Premium Status

I bought ACar for Android quite a while ago, and purchased the Premium upgrade from the Google Play Store on Tuesday, July 31, 2012. It was supposed to be PERMANENT.

Apparently the most recent Fuelly upgrade has forgotten my Premium upgrade, and it now says I'm a "free user". WTF? What went wrong, and how do I fix this?

KenWD0ELQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 01:15 PM   #2
Registered Member

I also lost my Pro version of Acar on this update. I purchased a Pro license years ago and this latest update does not recognize I purchased the Pro unlocked. I see they switched to a subscription model. So I paid and was charged the $5 for the annual subscription. But the app says I am a free user and shows me all the ads. If I hit subscribe again, Google says I am already subscribed. I am also seeing the updated app is pretty slow to load data like others report. Not impressed so far...

I sent a message to "support" about this yesterday... Crickets so far.

BigPotatoPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 01:39 PM   #3
Registered Member

Finally appear to have "Premium".

I opened the app again and tried subscribing again and Google gave me the error that says I am already subscribed. Then it went back to the subscription options page and I noticed there was a button that said something to the effect of, "start using Premium". I clicked that button and it now shows I am a premium user.

also got this message...
Thank you for contacting Fuelly.

Our deep apologies for the inconvenience. I have already escalated this matter to the developer of the app. We are working to release an update as soon as possible.

In the meantime, you can try to reinstall the aCar app. One major change for users on Android 13 in the latest release, it will require you to create or select a folder on the phone's internal storage for aCar to work. If "zonewalker-acar" folder already exists on your phone, use/select the "zonewalker-acar" folder, and then make sure to allow aCar app access to files in that folder.

Glenda - Support Team
BigPotatoPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 09:52 AM   #4
Registered Member

Add me to the list...

Opened my aCar to add a tank of fuel today and it's got ads all over the place, and reinstalling the Pro Unlocker from the app store no longer works. I have owned it for years and I shouldn't have to pay for it again or subscribe to anything unless I choose to. I just want the features I paid for back, and to not be slammed by advertising when trying to manage my vehicle.
MisterBumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 06:29 AM   #5
Registered Member

FUELLY - at least for this sailor - has provided an almost continuous stream of MPG feedback - ever since I purchased a new VW - at a bargain basement price (VW being in the middle of the emissions dishonor......

Fair winds (Navy expression)

ez
ezshift5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 10:37 PM   #6
Registered Member

Same here. Supposedly permanent PRO. I guess the permanent part doesn't Grandfather. Ive got over 10 years of data, multiple vehicles. SERIOUSLY REGRETTING doing the recent update. I've reported several complaints over the years, one of which they addressed. The rest, not so much including adding support for EV's. NOT!!

Now, with the HUGE AD'S, wasting 50% of my screen space with vids that make the app unusable, I'm pretty much done with this app. Hopefully i can export my data without occurring more, massive ads in the file.
testriderchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 07:06 PM   #7
Registered Member

Same here as well. Support claims they're working on it but sure seems like they're taking their sweet time.
IOwnCalculus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 09:17 AM   #8
Registered Member

Simply Auto can support EV https://simplyauto.app
HarvMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 05:17 AM   #9
Registered Member

I too was a Pro user since 2/6/13.

I signed up for the one month subscription at $0.99 and went through the process. I then went into my Google Play subscriptions and cancelled what I had just signed up for. Right now it's still working until 10/8/23 but I'm wondering if this will fool the system into thinking I have a pro license. Worst case I lose $0.99 one time...no way in hell I am paying $4.99/yr for this based on already paying for a lifetime license. If I was a brand new user, $4.99/yr would be fine...but out of principle I will not be paying that as a long-time grandfathered user.
fstlaneukraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 05:00 AM   #10
Registered Member

Update: For what it's worth, support finally got back to me and provided me with a donation ID that they created for me to get my pro status back.

fstlaneukraine is offline   Reply With Quote