Civic engine mounts, operation/function? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
Registered Member

Civic engine mounts, operation/function?

So, I'm having some issues with the VX. I don't know if it's been this way since day one or what, but it has me thinking about replacing my engine mounts. That said, I heard a couple of guys suggest that I use window weld(?) to patch the existing mounts, let them cure out for a couple of days and then re-install.

My question is how should my mount function, any movement at all? Symptoms of a bad engine mount while driving?

Shifting while driving generates a 'rocking' sensation, okay. How about at idle in neutral? I rev, punch the throttle, and the rear engine mount moves about 1". The side mounts don't 'seem' to move, at least not the top ones. The bottom/sub engine mounts have brittle 'rubber' as it is.

Also, while coming off of the throttle and allowing the car to coast, most of the time this is followed within a moment OR immediately with a 'rocking' sensation. It feels like the engine is rocking/unsettled.

Thoughts or comments appreciated!