Need Help Troubleshooting Lines - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2009, 12:28 PM   #1
Registered Member

Need Help Troubleshooting Lines

Okay so after installing my 02 and ecu for my crx hf, my cars been achieving about 35-38 mpg. It does idle at around 1250-1500 rpm which seems kind of high to me so I think that might be because of some of my vacuum lines. In any case, I believe that some of my vacuum lines are either not installed properly or installed at all. Please refer to the picture to help me out as to how to install and place them in their proper spots. I might also add that if you look at one of the pictures, the plug is not installed for the bottom blue circle. Thanks everyone.

GasSavers_maxpowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:23 PM   #2
Registered Member

I think the hoses marked with red are correct- fuel pressure regulators need manifold vacuum.

Do you have a vacuum hose diagram on the underside of the hood? What year is this hf?

GasSavers_Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:26 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
Looks like you have an OBD1 motor swapped in there. I'm assuming a D15Z1 (VX) motor here:

The right side green circle in the fist picture goes to a solenoid that puts a vacuum on the purge canister for the evaporative gas recirculating system (the gas fume recirculator)

^#11 In that picture
The left green circle in the upper most picture goes to the "Black Box" (EGR Control)

The Vacuum hose goes from the green circled nipple on the left in your picture to #13 and then #14 runs to the EGR vacuum port (middle right blue circle in your pics)

your red circled picture is correct, but shorten the hose as much as you can to remove any vacuum delay on the FPR (Fuel pressure regulator)

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:55 PM   #4
Registered Member

The HF is a '91 with a d15z1 swap. My hood does have the vacuum routing diagram but the thing is my vacuum control box is uncovered and the lines aren either disconnected or aren't connected well.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #5
Registered Member

Wow...Tom thanks alot. That's exactly what I was looking for.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
no prob!

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote