VX hesitation/stutter. Posted before, I know....but require further insight. - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2008, 08:17 PM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to 1993CivicVX
I read an old article once of a review of the VX and its lean burn--the reviewer basically said the stutter was too noticeable for a car--and that a car should not have such a noticeable quirk--even if that's the price for saving gas.

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.
1993CivicVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:59 AM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to suspendedhatch
Mine did that when it was stock. I suspect yours is more pronounced with that intake.

DO NOT BUY FROM DISTRIBUTOR KING. They sell crap distributors. Don't even buy a distributor unless you've tested yours and you know it's bad. There is a test procedure in the repair manual. You can get a multimeter from Sears or Harbor Freight. If you find a problem with the sensors inside, I would suggest getting new or used OEM. And if it's just an ignitor or coil out of spec, you just replace that part and not the whole housing. The only time you replace the whole housing is if the cam/crank sensors are bad or if oil is leaking past the internal seal.

Civic VX, D15Z7, 5 Speed LSD, AEM EMS, AEM UEGO, AEM Twin Fire, Distributor-less, Waste Spark
suspendedhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:34 PM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspendedhatch View Post
Mine did that when it was stock. I suspect yours is more pronounced with that intake.

DO NOT BUY FROM DISTRIBUTOR KING. They sell crap distributors. Don't even buy a distributor unless you've tested yours and you know it's bad. There is a test procedure in the repair manual. You can get a multimeter from Sears or Harbor Freight. If you find a problem with the sensors inside, I would suggest getting new or used OEM. And if it's just an ignitor or coil out of spec, you just replace that part and not the whole housing. The only time you replace the whole housing is if the cam/crank sensors are bad or if oil is leaking past the internal seal.
Normally I WOULD NOT care less....but Hey, I'm going to VOUCH right now for Dizzy King. My Brother is Currently running TWO of their Dizy's on his 1995 DB8 Integ and his other 1991 DA9 RS, and I am running a TD44u of theirs on my B16 and another D16A1 I used to have, so that's FOUR of their Dizzy's in my family.....I've NEVER had ANY issues AT ALL with ANY of their Distrbutors. I would NOT think twice about buying yet another one of their Distributors either. My B16 Regularly See's 9200 rpm from Solo 1 and Solo 2 racing on their Distributor, and I've Never ever had an issue at all with it.

Sorry Man. I'd buy a Fifth in a moments notice. But I don't think this is the issue with my current D15Z1 "Slight" stutter.

I appreciate the heads up though.

Hey Guys....thanks VERY much for the insight into the hesitation/stutter....I'm going to chalk it up to being "Normal" with the Z1.
k20eh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:00 PM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspendedhatch View Post
I forgot to mention that when I installed a factory intake on my VX (after removing the short-ram it came with) the powerband did get smoother, mainly around the vtec crossover when under WOT, but it probably did affect the lean-burn hesitation as well.

On the never-ending quest for better gas mileage...
Danronian is offline   Reply With Quote