Random stuttering, bucking, skipping from CRX HF - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > Transmissions and Running Gear
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2011, 07:45 PM   #11
Registered Member

Re: Random stuttering, bucking, skipping from CRX HF

Ok so the fuel pressue gauge decided to dance around today! Instead of staying at a consistent 27 psi, it runs at around 29psi at idle/decel and it spikes to 34psi when at WOT. So my fuel system is normal. And here I was about to stick a fuel pump in and waste a whole day out of my weekend. Its the best $20 ever spent.

shag wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:16 PM   #12
Registered Member

Get the service manual, take a multimeter/ohm meter and measure the resistance from the ground point to the battery ground terminal (-). If the ohms are more than about 1 ohm, you need to clean/repair the ground. Do this test with the o2 sensors as well by taking the probe and touching the body of the o2 sensor (the part where you put a wrench on it) and the other probe to the battery negative. If the ohms is higher than 0ohms, you should clean all of your electrical grounds and or clean the hole that holds the o2 sensor. The o2 sensor uses the manifold as a ground point to send its signal.

imzjustplayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:26 AM   #13
Registered Member

Like I said all grounds are good on this car. I've seen grounds cause problems ALL THE TIME instead of when getting warmed up. The motor was just replaced by the previous owners and im sure they did everything as they were supposed to. Ive read similar stories just in the last day about swapped CRX's doing this same exact thing and it ended up being the o2 sensor, but it seems that it hasn't happened to the HF motor. I guess some people don't ride em long enough to find out what the dealio is. O2 sensor is getting changed out today at some point, I know for a fact I will get results this time.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:15 PM   #14
Registered Member

So does anybody want to take a guess at what solved the problem?
Old 07-30-2011, 02:09 PM   #15
Registered Member

Was it the oxygen sensor?

Water in the gas?
GasSavers_Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:57 PM   #16
Registered Member

It was the o2 sensor causing it to run really lean. Im surprised I never heard it spark knocking. Its just a reminder to NEVER use those nasty POS Bosch o2 sensors on a Honda. NTK or Denso FTW!!!

But I still have a little surge going on but its almost BARELY noticeable. Im sure the plugs are fowled out and the bottoms of the porcelains are brown when I last saw them 2 days ago. So im sure they got a little hot from the lean burn and fried em.