After driving for a while this way(through your various attempts to find the best compensation for drivability), perhaps pull the spark plugs and see if any/which particular cylinder may have fouled plugs then at that time.
Today I finally installed the new BWD Select rotor/cap/wires and Bosch Platinum plugs that I've had waiting. When I went to take off the #2 wire it nearly fell off the plug as if it has been broken this whole time (and the clip stayed with the plug, not with the wire).
It seemed to idle a little smoother but the most objective measurements I could make of power were unchanged. On a known hill in the same gear as always holding the same vacuum level as always, the result was the same speed.
It's going into the shop next week to finally get that leaky exhaust manifold fixed.