Graph problems again! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-24-2011, 04:59 AM   #1

Graph problems again!

Once again, we have a graph issue that I can't get to go away.

If you recall, take a look at this previous article from here, where we had an issue with the home page view of the vehicle graph:

http://www.fuelly.com/forum/839/Graph-is-not-matching

Here is a quick link to that post's image that shown the previous problem:

http://art.cariboucomputers.com/beretta/graphissue.jpg

You can also see I replied the other day, but maybe you missed it. Here is a screen shot of the current problem as it is now:

http://art.cariboucomputers.com/beretta/graph2.jpg

Now 3 fill ups back, it had a really skewed look, but they do not match. The main page one links the lines correctly, whereas this one is linked to the last fill up that day first.

I would assume that only those who manage to go through more than a tank a day would see this, such as when taking trips. Not a common occurrence, but I drive a lot! lol

DTMAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:28 AM   #2
pb

ok, I think I found a way to address this going forward. From now on you can change the order of fuel-ups on the graph by giving fuel-ups on the same day a different fuel-up time. Normally when you add two fuel-ups on the same day the time is recorded as exactly the same. (Or, more precisely, the time isn't considered important.) If you go in and edit a fuel-up you have the option to set a time as well. If you set a later time for one of your same day fuel-ups, it will appear in the correct order on the graph.

I went ahead and set the time of your 2nd fuel-up on Oct 23rd '12:00 PM'. (You can change to to the correct time if you recorded it/remember it.) That should make your graph line up the way you want it too. It's an extra step for same-day fuel-ups but it will help make everything more accurate if you want to do it.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:52 AM   #3

Will this add more fields to the export data file? Or will that remain unchanged? This will work though, at least I have a way to fix it.

Thanks PB.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:04 AM   #4
pb

Fuel-up time has been available for a long time, and yes it's already included in the the export. Not as a new field, but as part of the fuelup_date field.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:33 PM   #5

Yeah, I was looking at that earlier, duh me. LOL

Thanks for the fix though. At least its a way to prevent issues. Though, it might be simpler to just stamp it with the time its entered for both fuelup_date and date_added. At least that will prevent issues with the less understanding members?

In other words, the time you enter the fill up would be used for both, regardless if the dates were the same day or if you actually had to go pick the day the fill up was done, it would be stamped that time. Cause there would really be no way to enter two entries AT the same time, and this would prevent the issue. And those that are more fussy can go edit the actual entry and still adjust the time if they feel its necessary.

What do you think?
Old 10-24-2011, 02:02 PM   #6
pb

People enter fuel-ups out of order all the time. They often start with the most recent and work their way back through their receipts. The entry date really shouldn't be used for any sort of sorting. I don't think that wouldn't solve it.

I know it's a slight hassle, but I think including the time will fix this.