Inactive Users - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #1

Inactive Users

I have been comparing what I am getting vs what others are reporting for the same car. I am noticing that there are a few accounts that have gone inactive. Are the inactive accounts being removed after a certain period of time?

The person who added their last fill-up 7 months ago either quit or is getting REALLY good MPG.

MrPicnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #2

>... Are the inactive accounts being removed after a certain period of time? ...

I doubt it ... why would that be a good thing?

MMUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #3

i noticed the same thing while browsing...you will see a vehicle with one off the wall good MPG reading and nothing else.
noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #4
Registered Member

I think it would be a good idea to have something in place like 10 minimum fill ups. Or perhaps if fill ups are equal to or less than 10 after 18-24 months of inactivity then discard the data.

For example, there is only two of my car listed - a 1997 Volvo 940. I have entered 44 fill ups so far averaging 25.7. The other guy has entered 4 fill ups averaging 17.9, all within a space of 2 weeks... 3 years ago. Which of course skews the data on the model year page.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:42 PM   #5
Registered Member

>... Are the inactive accounts being removed after a certain period of time? ...

>>I doubt it ... why would that be a good thing?

I don't know about the rest of the US let alone the world, but the fuel formulations in California have changed significantly in the last few years leading to lower mileage for my vehicles. There might be a case to if not remove, then at least display inactive accounts into an archive sub folder so that the mileage figures from several years ago don't artificially inflate the averages for current fuel ups.

That being said, I know and understand that the moderators are very sensitive about the prospect of members and contributors trying to make their fuel economy and mileage figures a contest so this might not be appealing to PB and Mathowie. Not to mention that once an individual vehicle is opened that it is obvious if there hasn't been a fuel up added by the charts and graphs on the vehicle page.
bates is offline   Reply With Quote