Is this site V2K friendly? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2012, 03:01 AM   #1
Registered Member

Is this site V2K friendly?

Is this site V2K friendly?

As in will it display the mileage that I am getting in my Volt correctly? I don't mean correctly as in figuring in the electricity used, but just being able to display the 4 digits that GM displays on thier site, MyVolt dot com. So far, I have gone over 5100 miles on less than 2 gallons. That works out to over 2360 MPG. Can this be displayed here, or, like most of the surveys I have filled out, is there a limit of 2 or 3 digits?

Volt3939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:05 AM   #2
pb

No, Fuelly isn't going to work correctly for you as the site is now. We don't show values over 100 MPG on cars because 99% of the time the value is due to data entry error. All of the ways we display MPG are based on a standard number of digits as you mention.

If we get enough demand for tracking the gas portion of the Volt we might be able to change things accordingly. But today Fuelly won't work for you. Sorry about that.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:58 AM   #3
Registered Member

Well, hopefully the future will come. I did register the car, but as I have not put any gas in it yet, I cannot report a feul-up anyway. Going on 8 months...
Old 02-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #4

IMHO It would only really make sense to track both types of fuel together, otherwise the numbers would be wildly unrealistic (probably exactly WHY the GM website only tracks liquid fuel).
MMUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:17 AM   #5
Registered Member

Actually, GM tracks the electrical use separately. Or did, the display's been broken for awhile. When it worked It was reporting 30-33 KWh per 100 miles. About what I expected, 300Wh per mile.

VoltStats.net shows more numbers (from the same GM data set), including MPGe and MPGcs, which is the mileage while running the generator. But not Wh per mile. The raw data is collected , but only used to compute MPGe.

VoltStats has over 2 million miles logged from more than 400 cars, so the averages are pretty close to reality for most people.

This site seems to be about beating the average, no?