Text Query - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-16-2011, 11:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

Text Query

Text Query for notes & keywords?

Could you add a way to search for specific keywords via a text query? For example I could search for my last oil change by typing in "Oil Change" into the query, since that is how I enter the keyword in the note?

I understand you can browse your history then click on the keyword, but for some of my notes, such as cabin filter maintenece and tire rotation, there can several fill ups between each, so it is tedious to try to find the notes that contain that specifically.

Thanks!

vr4Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:16 AM   #2
pb

That's a good idea, we'll add this to our long to do list. In the meantime you might try exporting everything and opening it in a program like Excel. You should be able to use Excel's Find feature to spot specific fuel-ups and notes by keyword.

You could also tag your oil changes with "oilchange" or "oil" and then use tags to find it again. But I agree that having a text search would be more convenient.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:41 AM   #3
BDC
Registered Member

That is what I do. I have two tags that I use: "roadtrip" and "maintenance," and the two of those help me sort through everything I need to keep track of. Remember that the tag is not part of the text of the note, so you can write an independent text description. Also using ctrl-F (on PC) when viewing all fuel-ups (or one page at least) can make it easier to find notes if you haven't used tags.
BDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:09 AM   #4
Registered Member

Yeah, I use seperate tags to track my oil change and such, then select the links now. It's just a bit cumbersome for things that don't occur very often.

I didn't realize exporting including all that info, I'll have to export some info for fun to see.

Thanks for the workaround suggestion while you guys work on adding the feature.

Keep up the great work.
vr4Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote