Wild roller coaster ride graph - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2013, 01:49 AM   #1

Wild roller coaster ride graph

My mileage charting is wildly erratic. Can Fuelly give a rolling 3 or 4 fillup average so that the trend can be better seen?
Thanks!

Cybersnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:21 AM   #2

it seems pretty steady between 45 and 47.5 ... that's only a few % variation, hardly erratic!

MMUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:14 AM   #3
BDC
Registered Member

The trend just looks erratic because it is scaled between the minimum and maximum values of the last ten tanks, rather than between zero and the maximum value. So no matter what your variation between tanks is, Fuelly will scale the graph to make it look like values are changing wildly.
BDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:15 AM   #4

Thanks for the input. Yes, I understand the graphing. I just wanted to know if a rolling average could be done here.

Where I work the spreadsheets are done in that manner and it makes the trend easier to see, rather then a bobbling set of raw data points.

I'll see about exporting the data. Or, I'll contact Fuelly and see if there is any interest in adding that complexity.

Thanks again!

Hugh
Old 02-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #5
Registered Member

Click on 'chart all fuel ups' to see a less erratic graph, in which you usually see seasonal changes from that I'd say that you live on the Southern hemisphere because the winter (I mean our winter, around January) has better average. But you don't, do you?
alvaro84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:41 AM   #6

Yes, thanks.. that's the one I usually use, or the histogram for a month to month average.

I live in the south of North America, Florida. I've noticed others getting worse mileage averages in their Corollas, and they're generally located farther north, where it is bitterly cold. Mine gets worse in the summer, and their's gets better. Air conditioning kills my mileage in the summer. Snow and slush and prolonged idle time wrecks their's.

It's easy to see in the histogram where you compare monthly averages.

Thanks!
Old 02-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #7
Registered Member

AC? That makes sense. I don't have AC in any of my vehicles, so it won't affect me (but riding Teresa I can have a lot of wind, no matter the season ). Snow and slush... yes, I get these, pretty often lately. This morning too.
alvaro84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #8
Registered Member

I'd prefer that zero always be at the bottom of the graph, instead of the present system of scaling from minimum to maximum of the mileage reported for the vehicle. To me, that is more realistic.

Charon is offline   Reply With Quote