Funny Pictures - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2015, 02:19 PM   #1
Registered Member

Funny Pictures

This year I came across a lot of interesting pictures and articles and I figured I would share them here if anyone is looking for a laugh or interested in reading about cars.

The first couple of pictures are about impostors. This first picture is a fifth generation (1991-1995) Honda Civic hatchback pretending to be a 1,000hp Bugatti Veyron.

This picture shows a Toyota Prius pretending to be a Ferrari (any Ferrari)

One of many Ferraris. On a hot summer day the glue in the rear wheel well sometimes catches fire.

This is a Geo Metro during a 24 hours of LeMons race pretending to be a Jaguar XJR-9. Sponsor: Sick Gut.

This is the 1988 Jaguar XJR-9 race car that won the 24 hours of LeMans race. Sponsor: Silk Cut

Have you ever noticed how cars are getting bigger and bigger, this is a picture of the first and last generation Porsche 911

Can we still call the Mini a mini if it is gigantic?

This is one of the smallest cars in North America Fiat 500 next to a Mazda Autozam AZ-1. In 2 years time and due to the 25 years import ban, you will be able to import an Autozam AZ-1 in 2017.

This is the new small Audi A4 sedan next to the Audi R18 LeMans prototype

This is the 2016 Audi R18 prototype that will be racing in LeMans next year. I’m glad that the Volkswagen Diesel fiasco didn’t kill the R18 racing program. The car has a 3.0L V-6 diesel engine with ridiculous amounts of torque.

luv2spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 02:24 PM   #2
Registered Member

The car was modeled after this guy

Volkswagen and the EPA

Did you ever wonder what a Prius would look like in Lexus trim?

Lexus actually built a Prius, it was called the Lexus CT200h. It’s not as efficient as the Prius but very close. Luxury adds some weight and better looks equals larger drag coefficient.

I would like a Toyota Prius convertible

Harley Davidson in a Toyota Prius body. During a 24 hours of LeMons race.

There was this guy in Texas that bought a Bugatti Veyron when it came out. He claimed that while driving he saw a “low-flying pelican” that made him steer into a lake. The Bugatti which was reportedly purchased for $1 million was insured for $2.2 million by the owner before the incident. What the owner didn’t know is that while he intentionally drove into the lake, there were these guys filming him. He also intentionally left his engine on while in the lake to make sure the engine dies. The owner was recently sentenced to 1 year and a day in federal prison, and he also must pay the insurance company back $600,000 for insurance fraud. In addition, he will have to serve three years of supervised release after he gets out. If Dr. Ferdinand Piech lived in the US, this guy would be dead by now. How could you Andy House? Destroying one of the best engines ever made!!! I will post a link to the video below, worth a watch.

Caterham is a great car; here it comes in 79hp and 310hp versions.

Old 12-23-2015, 02:30 PM   #3
Registered Member

Autonomous cars. Most car manufacturers say that in 5 years’ time we will have cars that you will not require a driver’s licence to operate. I’m glad that everybody is working on this; it will help older people, the physically disabled to be more mobile without depending on others. It will also help drivers who cannot be bothered with operating a vehicle while driving. Lawyers are standing by……… The picture below is from the 1990 Total Recall movie starring the governor.

The real Iron Man exists; his name is Elon Musk and lives in the USA. He is originally from South Africa.

Did you ever wonder where the 7.3 liter V-12 Mercedes engine came from in the Pagani Zonda? No? I’ll tell you anyways. In 1995 Mercedes built the SL 73 AMG with this engine, the car was capable of doing 305km/h and only 85 cars were made. The Sultan of Brunei bought 50. Back then when these cars were made, you had to purchase an SL600 roadster from Mercedes-Benz and hand it over to AMG accompanied by $50,000. If I ever win the lottery, then I will be picking one of these up. She is as rare as they come.

Lewis Hamilton (’08-’14-’15 F1 champion) and his purple Pagani Zonda

Remember when you could buy a car for $3,990? In the beginning the disposable car was the Yugo, then came the Lada, and then the Hyundai Pony and then the Kia Rio. The Serbians are making the Fiat 500L now instead of the Yugo, Hyundai has a luxury car called the Genesis and Kia has a luxury car called the K900. The times they are a changing’.

2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 /GT350R. This car has an awesome cross-plane crank V-8 engine. This is such a nice car by Ford, they could have added a 100 horsepower to the Mustang GT and call it a day, but instead they made this awesome car. This is the first production car that comes with carbon fiber wheels, the tires are 305mm wide in front and 315mm in the back. This car costs $56,970-$66,970. I’m glad that cars like this are still allowed and that Ford is putting in the effort of producing it and make it affordable. Reminds me of the first generation Acura NSK, Honda was winning at racing, selling cars making money and they had nothing to prove, yet they designed the NSX to show the World you can have a reliable supercar that you can drive every day without spending a fortune.

If you are selling your company vehicle or the company is going bankrupt, the least you can do is take off the company stickers. Don’t let this happen.

Kawasaki H2 and H2R. This is a 1L 4-cylinder supercharged sportbike from Kawasaki. The Suzuki Hayabusa has been the speed king for a very long time, but not since this awesome bike came out. This is the first production bike to have wings for downforce. The idea is that you can have a short wheelbase bike for maneuverability and when you reach top speed the wings make the bike stable. The Hayabusa had a very long wheelbase for stability at high speeds, but made it cumbersome at slow speeds. The H2 and H2R go for $26,000 / $53,000 and have about 220hp / 300hp.

Did you ever wonder what a motorcycle looks like that can get 100mpg? It isn’t the bike pictured below, that’s a rolling midlife crisis.

Meet the Honda Grom. It has a 1 cylinder air cooled 125cc engine that is capable of 100mpg. The bike costs $3,199 and it’s a huge success in North America. Top speed is around 55mph depending on how fat you are. I love watching YouTube videos of these bikes getting supercharged and turboed and getting blown up in the pursuit of top speed. Engine swap is cheap and can be done quickly.

Old 12-23-2015, 02:39 PM   #4
Registered Member

About 100 years ago motorcycle board track racing was very popular in the US. I read that most cities had a track where spectators would watch racing on Sunday. There were many injuries, and even If racers didn’t crash sometimes got splinters on their face due to the wood breaking. I’m not sure if this is what started NASCAR later, but I find these pictures very cool. They constructed wooden tracks because it was cheaper than concrete / asphalt.

Why? Because it’s fantastic!

Bird vs. Bomber

SUVs and third row seats are overrated

Old 12-23-2015, 02:42 PM   #5
Registered Member

The Bugatti Veyron in a Lake video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NJmB1F2mdE

The 2016 Audi R18 Diesel tearing up a track during testing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMtOAjmkQrg
Old 12-24-2015, 01:34 AM   #6
Registered Member

Some cool and funny stuff here. Thing that caught my eye being a fan of micro cars, that little Mazda, is it a kei car from Japan? Always been a fan of those, limited engine size to 660cc (0.6 litre) but no limits of performance. I'm still looking to get my hands on the one seater pick up Daihatsu Midget, which have thier own race series, or a Mira, a rally inspired tiny hatchback with AWD too! Awesome little cars. I really like the less powerful Caterham too, it's a rev happy Suzuki engine and with the tiny thin steel wheels and tyres, it's still a drift machine whilst being pretty efficient too. My Caterham of choice if I could afford one!

So my contribution is this picture of my old Fiat 126, a car I miss very dearly and wish I never sold now, next to a RR sport. Why cars are getting bigger is beyond me, small cars ftw!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0914.jpg
Views:	921
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	1903  

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 09:55 AM   #7
Registered Member

Yes, the Autozam AZ-1 is a 3 cylinder mid-engine kei car. I remember a few years ago there was a Daihatsu Midget for sale here in Canada, I can't remember the price but it was about double than what I thought it should be. The car lasted about 2 weeks on the lot before it was sold. The import law for Canada is 15 years instead of 25 years like in the USA, so some of the cool kei cars from the early 90s already started coming in, especially the small truck ones. I also like small cars such as your Fiat 126.

The new military grade aluminum (made up term, no such thing, aluminum is aluminum) Ford F-150 vs. Autozam AZ-1

Autozam AZ-1

Old 12-24-2015, 10:17 AM   #8
Registered Member

The thing I like about small cars is the ingenuity and lengths designers have to go through to make everything in such a small compact size, it encourages very clever unique engineering that can then be scaled up to save room and weight on larger cars. Another one on my hit list, which was actually sold in the UK, is the Copen, much like the Suzuki Cappuccino a few years before, it's a tiny 2 seater convertible.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Daihatsu-Copen-2007-1600-05~2.jpg
Views:	620
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	1904  

Old 12-27-2015, 02:49 PM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
The thing I like about small cars is the ingenuity and lengths designers have to go through to make everything in such a small compact size, it encourages very clever unique engineering that can then be scaled up to save room and weight on larger cars. Another one on my hit list, which was actually sold in the UK, is the Copen, much like the Suzuki Cappuccino a few years before, it's a tiny 2 seater convertible.
Here's an interesting tidbit; Arctic Cat used a version of the Suzuki Cappuccino engine in their first four stroke snowmobiles. It was approximately 65 HP NA and 110 HP turbocharged.

Old 12-27-2015, 03:11 PM   #10
Registered Member

Interesting fact, you learn something every day. I'm pleased these small displacement high performance engines are making a comeback, they are so characterful and rev happy. I see Kia has joined Ford, Renault, Fiat etc with a 1.0 litre turbo now too, great fun little machines.