Merry Christmas to ME! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-17-2009, 07:58 PM   #1
Registered Member

Merry Christmas to ME!

First of all- I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Now, I've been a Honda fan since I first laid my eyes on a Honda Civic CVCC when I was 9 years old, 20 years ago. Anyway, I picked this up last week. I didn't even know what a Vx was and my subsequent research led me here. The car is in in EXCELLENT CONDITION, minus that little fender bender and tiny tear on the driver's side seat. Lucky for me my brother in law works at a body shop! I've had a total of 5 Honda's- 1995 Civic Hatchback DX, 1995 Honda Del Sol Si, 2002 Honda Civic Ex Sedan, 1990 Honda CRX DX and now my 1992 Ca. Civic Vx. I never bought them for fuel economy or dependability, both of these traits are the icing on the cake. Anyway, this is an awesome site and I look forward to both of my newfound hobbies!

1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:41 PM   #2
Registered Member

Lookin' good!

Your local junkyard may have a perfectly good fender, and front fenders are easy to replace.

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:31 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBob View Post
Lookin' good!

Your local junkyard may have a perfectly good fender, and front fenders are easy to replace.

I plan on asking my brother in law tomorrow, but do you think I can salvage the current one? The car is so complete that I'd hate to have to remove anything original, even if it's easily done. I've done my fair share of swaps (out of necessity, not for speed) so I'm not worried about the labor.
1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:53 PM   #4
Registered Member

might be able to fix it, much easier to get a junkyard one as white isnt a hard color to find lol. even if it is im sure he could paint it.

haha i was thinking somehtings wrong about that car and the number of miles, then noticed the nevada plates! BOO YOU AND YOUR RUST FREE CARS!
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:36 AM   #5
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
I'm amazed that the interior is so perfect after 179,000 miles. Nice find!