solar screens - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2006, 10:11 AM   #1
Registered Member

solar screens

I installed solar screens on my house. I remove them in the winter to allow the warm sun in. The difference is very easily noticed. there is a chair in front of one of our windows, if the screens are not in it is too hot to sit in the chair. With the screens in place I can sit there and enjoy my dinner no problem.

from http://www.onlinesolarscreens.com/index.htm

Quote:
The majority of sunlight striking an unprotected glass window passes through into the home, and a small percentage is reflected. Solar screens dramatically reduce the amount of sunlight striking the window. Most of the sun's heat is absorbed or reflected by the screen and carried away by convective air currents created by the warm screen. In midsummer as much as 230 BTUs can fall on each unprotected square foot of glass.

With SunTex installed, up to 90% of the sun's heat and glare is reflected, absorbed and dissipated before it strikes the window

GeoMetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 01:47 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to n0rt0npr0
'

To avoid "page cannot be found" errors, use this link

Too bad they don't have any pictures looking through the SunTex to the outside. Almost leads one to believe you cannot see clearly through this product.