T-bird - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-05-2009, 10:13 PM   #1
Registered Member

T-bird

Wednesday, August 5, 2009. I was near here:

When I saw this:

You are welcome.

623,000 miles on original engine and transmission, using Amsoil by-pass filters and lubrication.
+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.

Low-Risk Option Trader
Retired Pro-Hunter featured in; 'African Hunter', by James R. Mellon III. and listed in; Rowland Ward's Records of Big Game.
shatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:41 AM   #2
Registered Member

Dear Legislature,
While you're banning holding cell phones while driving (no texting, no talking), be sure to add "no picture taking".
Some people just don't get the hint.

"lo-risk trader" but a maybe higher risk driver?... passes to take pictures rather than concentrating on the road, then slows down to be passed to take more pics.

Lug_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:07 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
I've never heard of an accident that happened while someone was shooting a photo. There's certainly plenty of people doing it.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:48 PM   #4
Registered Member

Such a waste of a gorgeous day, a beautiful location and a car designed to take advantage of such! Oh, well, then it would eventually get worn out and have to be restored again.

Taking pictures while driving, and using cellphones while driving, have probably caused fewer accidents than arguing with loved ones while driving...

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:31 PM   #5
Registered Member

Beautiful! Take it off the trailer and ENJOY the way it's supposed to be. It'd be the best place from which they can enjoy the car!

Love that part if the world! The bay area still feels like home to me...
'09 Harley Nightster - 48mpg and 1/4 miles in the 12's
jcp123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:51 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug_Nut View Post
Dear Legislature,
While you're banning holding cell phones while driving (no texting, no talking), be sure to add "no picture taking".
Some people just don't get the hint.

"lo-risk trader" but a maybe higher risk driver?... passes to take pictures rather than concentrating on the road, then slows down to be passed to take more pics.
Excellent point!
I had enough trouble keeping on the black part of the road before I got the camera.
What you don't see is the bunch of photos of the inside of the door, pillars, floor, dash, blurred and shots of the sky as I point and shoot in the general direction.
623,000 miles on original engine and transmission, using Amsoil by-pass filters and lubrication.
+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.

Low-Risk Option Trader
Retired Pro-Hunter featured in; 'African Hunter', by James R. Mellon III. and listed in; Rowland Ward's Records of Big Game.
shatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:03 AM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
I agree about driving it instead of trailering it, and about arguments with loved ones.

Digital cameras make it very easy:
1. Rest camera on dash, aiming it by feel.
2. Glance at it like you might glance at the rearview. You don't need to hold it up to your face.
3. Press button.

I'm pretty good at aiming entirely by feel, never looking at the camera, too.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #8
Registered Member

And just to think, I could have bought one of those back in the early '80's for $5000. already restored. I've kicked myself several times for not buying it.
#47 on my way to #1
Ford Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:41 PM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Man View Post
And just to think, I could have bought one of those back in the early '80's for $5000. already restored. I've kicked myself several times for not buying it.
And you could have paid less than that for a NEW one in '55-'57!

I remember a customer I had back in the early '80s who had a '57 'bird. A professor at the local private university. His was NOT restored, just looked like an old car used every day. Faded red paint, no hubcaps, etc. He once told me that it was for sale...to the first person who came up with 400 Krugerrands. Several times what a 100-point restored one would have brought. Guess he figured if someone gave him that much, he'd gladly take it, get a restored one and probably a new car to go along with it.

Ahhh...all the old cars I coulda, shoulda, woulda and occasionally did buy back in the day...

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:24 AM   #10
Registered Member

In some waiting room awhile back, I read an article about the growing subset of car collectors who don't want a restored car. Like other antiques, they want an auto with the patina of years.

trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote