Gas Cubby crashes when I open it - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2014, 10:44 AM   #1
Registered Member

Angry Gas Cubby crashes when I open it

When I try to open Gas Cubby, it crashes and I am taken back to the home screen. It shows up as an active task, but with a blank screen. I am using it on an iPhone, ios 8.1, Gas Cubby version 2.5. I think this problem started after I upgraded to ios 8.1, but I am not sure since I can't verify the last time I entered gas purchases. What to do now?

CSG2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 03:28 PM   #2
Registered Member

Any Gas Cubby/Fuelly support people out there? Should I upgrade to Gas Cubby 2.7 to fix the crashing problem? I'd really like to not lose my fuel records (kept since 2010) and don't want to inadvertently wipe them out by doing the upgrade, if there is something I need to do to secure my data first. I performed a synch after each data entry so my data should be out there somewhere ...

Old 11-24-2014, 05:13 PM   #3
Registered Member

Sorry for the delay in responding (sick kid has kept me offline for the weekend).
Yes, there were reported crashing issues with iOS 8 and Gas Cubby 2.5, however, the newer updates resolved that issue.
I'd recommend one last sync prior to updating, however, there shouldn't be any reason to delete the local data after updating the app. You could also export the data via CSV and email it to yourself.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 06:48 PM   #4
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply! However, I can't sync or export before updating because the app crashes as soon as it comes up. I'll update and keep my fingers crossed ...
Old 11-24-2014, 10:32 PM   #5
Registered Member

Let me know how it goes!
Old 11-27-2014, 04:50 AM   #6
Registered Member

Upgraded to 2.7 - it works fine and all my data is there. Whew! Now to export my data for safety before the next ios upgrade to 8.1.1. Thanks for the help!
Old 11-28-2014, 11:53 AM   #7
Registered Member

Awesome.

Side note (not related to GC or Fuelly), why the update to 8.1 and then 8.1.1? Are you having trouble with your device?
I haven't updated my device past 8 because I haven't had any issues yet. So just wondering.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:41 AM   #8
Registered Member

Not having trouble with my iPhone, but I usually wait a month or so after the new version comes out, to make sure there are no issues with it, then I go ahead and do the upgrade to make sure I have the latest bug fixes and any security improvements. So far that strategy has worked for me.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:54 AM   #9
Registered Member

I also had persistent problems with GC 2.6 (paid version) crashing on my iPhone 6, starting with about iOS 8, and continuing through iOS 8.1.2.

Behavior: GC would start and you could add an additional fuel record, but any attempt to edit or view a past record would crash.

GC would not update to 2.7 when using the iTunes app store. I finally sync'd the data, plus emailed myself a backup copy, manually deleted GC from my iPhone and re-installed GC 2.7.1. Then I sync'd the saved data and it runs OK.

I have no idea why GC would not update using iTunes. This is iTunes 12.0.1.26 on Mac OS X 10.10.1.
joema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 10:30 AM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joema View Post
I also had persistent problems with GC 2.6 (paid version) crashing on my iPhone 6, starting with about iOS 8, and continuing through iOS 8.1.2.

Behavior: GC would start and you could add an additional fuel record, but any attempt to edit or view a past record would crash.

GC would not update to 2.7 when using the iTunes app store. I finally sync'd the data, plus emailed myself a backup copy, manually deleted GC from my iPhone and re-installed GC 2.7.1. Then I sync'd the saved data and it runs OK.

I have no idea why GC would not update using iTunes. This is iTunes 12.0.1.26 on Mac OS X 10.10.1.
Thanks for the info!

We'll have to research what might be going on with iTunes. It could just be a bug in their system. But we'll keep a close eye to ensure it doesn't act finicky again once we release the next update.