Won't backup old data using Full Restore option - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > aCar | Mobile for Android
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2016, 01:39 PM   #1
Registered Member

Won't backup old data using Full Restore option

I've been using aCar Pro and got a new phone. I backed up the data using the Full Backup option but now it won't let me import my .saved abp file using the zonewalker-acar folder with the Full Restore option. My phone isn't connected to a computer, its internal storage is working fine, and there is an .adp file in that folder. What's the problem, how do I fix this???

apothem217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:50 PM   #2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by apothem217 View Post
I've been using aCar Pro and got a new phone. I backed up the data using the Full Backup option but now it won't let me import my .saved abp file using the zonewalker-acar folder with the Full Restore option. My phone isn't connected to a computer, its internal storage is working fine, and there is an .adp file in that folder. What's the problem, how do I fix this???
Is it giving you an error?

Are you certain the file is in the /zonewalker-acar directory on your device's internal storage (not the SD card)?
Side thought- Be sure there aren't any additional/duplicate folders in that area. Example; I've received reports where users have a folder for "Backups" and or "zonewalker" or any other variants of names, and then group their data into them. aCar isn't able to access the files unless the files are in the zonewalker-acar folder.
So if you plug your phone into a computer and open the internal storage and then navigate to the backup file, double check the path it takes to get there.
It SHOULD look something like: Computer\SAMSUNG-SM-G900P\Phone\zonewalker-acar\aCar-auto-040715-0609.abp <that would be the file you're going to try to import back into aCar*
Just be sure it does NOT look something like: Computer\SAMSUNG-SM-G900P\Phone\zonewalker-acar\acar\randomfoldername\backups\somethingsometh ing\aCar-auto-040715-0609.abp (emphasis on the sub-folders)
If you do have random folders between /zonewalker-acar and your files, then move the file up and out of the sub folders and into the main(parent) zonewalker-acar folder.

Then- Open aCar -> More Options ->Import/Export -> Full Restore
Ensure you select the most recent ABP from the drop down and then "Start Restore".

If you continue having trouble, please send me a screenshot of your folders so I can verify there aren't any additional subfolders getting in the way of the importer. Also, please send me your backup file so I can attempt to replicate your issue on my end.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:51 PM   #3
Registered Member

I see you've emailed the Help Desk as well. We can continue our correspondence there.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
acar pro full restore