1995 Civic DX HB joins - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-06-2007, 12:49 PM   #1
Registered Member

1995 Civic DX HB joins

Hey all! I'm super excited about getting the most out of my civic. I'm currently getting 37 MPG average with my driving habits now. I'm starting to use what I have learned on this site like over inflate the tires and coast whenever possible. I also have a 2006 Honda Pilot that stays home with the wife and little ones. My wife is getting into this as well but not as serious as me. I'll see you all around. Oh and AWESOME site!!!

miwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:55 PM   #2
*shrug*

Glad you're so excited about it!

Pick up a scanguage II for the pilot/wife. You can also consider a superMID for the civic.

You'll be increasing that 37 in no time, are you mechanically inclined?

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:08 PM   #3
Registered Member

Funny I was just looking into getting a ODB MPG instrument. I'll check out your suggestions. I'd say I'm semi mechanically inclined, I can replace brakes, oil pan gasket, radiator but can't do tranny or engine work. I'm always up for experimenting tho!
Old 06-06-2007, 01:10 PM   #4
*shrug*

Well, find yourself a cx/vx transmission and throw it in there...or the whole engine,
Old 06-06-2007, 01:49 PM   #5
Registered Member

Oh boy. I'll start with the SuperMid...so where do I purchase one?
Old 06-06-2007, 01:52 PM   #6
*shrug*

Contact yoshi on this website, he makes them,
Old 06-06-2007, 05:41 PM   #7
Registered Member

Welcome to the site. I also have a '95 Civic DX HB. Efficient driving techniques (including engine off and engine on coasting), full grille block, 44 psi in tires got me mid 40s to low 50s MPG. Recently installed CX tranny, but haven't done enough of the same type of driving, nor same # of miles to determine the change in FE, but it seems w/ faster highway driving I'm getting the same FE as before the swap. Also bought 4 new low rolling resistance tires and I can already tell they roll better.

There's at least one other DX owner (a coupe) on the site...scostanz. He also did the same CX tranny swap. Check out our gaslogs to see what FE is possible w/ your car.

Steve
Old 06-06-2007, 07:00 PM   #8
Registered Member

Good to meet you. I checked out both gas logs and now I'm even more stoked. I have a new found love for driving again. The daily commute aint so boring anymore. Hey did you get one of those SuperMid's for your Civic? If so how was the install and do you use it alot? Also did you do the grille block yourself? Any tips on that for the 1995 Civic?

-Michael
Old 06-06-2007, 07:08 PM   #9
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
one thing that gets forgotten about on the civics is the tranny fluid, is slightly more complecated then chaning engine oil, but not much, it's also recomended to be changed every 2 years, you can use the search function on this site for opinions on the best fluid to use for improving your milage as well.
I would love to get a SuperMid right now, but I hear rumers that the non metric ones are going to be avalible soon... also what is the cost on shiping one of those from... japan? I wonder if a bulk order might be more reasonable, or maybe someone should just become a US dealer of them?
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:30 PM   #10
Registered Member

Good idea I'll add changing the tranny fluid to my list. I sent a message to Yoshi on this site. I guess he makes them or something like that. Hopefully he will get back to me soon.