Hello! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-18-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello!

Hi, new to the forum. I own a 1988 crx hf. I'm in L.A. and it's definitely a project car, the reason I bought it is because it had the original 8 valve engine and transmission, but was in very bad shape. Head gasket was blown, body as damaged all over, windshield was cracked, seats were beyond worn, interior was BAD but with such amazing MPG I felt I needed to save it. I was very hard to find one that hadn't had an engine swap!
I want to improve the MPG with ad d15z1 swap and some aerodynamics. Shoot I'm even hoping electric wheel hub motors for the rear wheels will one day be possible! So here I am hoping to learn a thing or two.

88CRX-HF-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:46 AM   #2
Registered Member

Re: Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88CRX-HF-X View Post
Hi, new to the forum. I own a 1988 crx hf. I'm in L.A. and it's definitely a project car, the reason I bought it is because it had the original 8 valve engine and transmission, but was in very bad shape. Head gasket was blown, body as damaged all over, windshield was cracked, seats were beyond worn, interior was BAD but with such amazing MPG I felt I needed to save it. I was very hard to find one that hadn't had an engine swap!
I want to improve the MPG with ad d15z1 swap and some aerodynamics. Shoot I'm even hoping electric wheel hub motors for the rear wheels will one day be possible! So here I am hoping to learn a thing or two.
Welcome. There are plenty of guys here who can help out with the D15Z1 swap.

IndyFetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
Registered Member

Nix the rear hub idea. There isn't anything out there that would work right. Z1 swap is a good idea though. Thanks for saving a hf! 55 to 60 mmpg is possible with the full vx swap. Git er done!
hondaguy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:28 AM   #4
Registered Member

I love the CRX. One day I hope to buy another one. My parents sold mine when I went to war :/. Stuck with an 04 cavy for now.

GL with the mods!
YeahPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #5
Registered Member

If you have questions, ask Hondaguy72. He knows what he's doing when it comes to restoring cars and he can help you. He will steer you right.
VX_Arky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:41 PM   #6
Registered Member

Thanks guys, I'm really interested in the Z1, Honda is amazing! I read somewhere about a guy that was planing a build on a CRX with a Z1 and a six speed tranny from the civic wagon, with the hf gears plus a custom 6 gear that would use the extra power from the z1. Is it possible?

88CRX-HF-X is offline   Reply With Quote