Hummer H2 - How Can I Get Better MPG & Reduce Emissions? - Page 7 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 07:20 PM   #61
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerH2 View Post
OK, Here is the tire info:
TT I Guard 3 Ply Side Wall
All Terrain T/A Radial LT 215/70
50 psi

Now for what we have all been waiting:

City:
Before joining this forum I was getting 10.1 mpg
After going through the tips with my wife we started getting 13.1 mpg
After increasing the tire pressure (pressure was 40 psi from dealer) I increased it to 45 psi the mpg went to 15.2 mpg. This is 50.5% increase in gas milage in just 2 days. My wife still has to learn more how to drive using all your tips but this can give us an idea of how much it can improve.

I have not tried Highway mpg as I live in a small town and cannot take highway to go to work. I will try mpg in Highway during weekend.

This brings me to a good point and that is, although a Hummer H2 cannot achieve 82 mpg, we can help other H2 drivers to join the forum and learn the tips so they can improve their gas milage. Hummers will not go away so why not improve gas milage on as many H2's as we can.

Any thoughts?
Nice job. I think you can still squeeze a few more MPG out of her. Do a search and look into a grill block. Cheap, easy and will help with the warm up times which translate in to better FE. How are you calculating the FE? Go ahead and put the beast in the garage with pics and a gaslog so you can track your progress.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:20 PM   #62
Registered Member

By the way, I read an article about DSL Internet and it stated that it had high radiation levels. Since then, I have disconnected the DSL system when not in use. I know this has nothing to do with gas milage but it does have to do with energy and power usage even at home. I know many of us use DSL for connecting to the web so I thought it may be of some help.

Please do let me know if I am out of line given the fact that this is a gas saving forum.

Thanks!

Old 06-05-2007, 07:22 PM   #63
*shrug*

We have a section here called "Around the house" you can put any of the home tips in!
Old 06-05-2007, 07:22 PM   #64
Registered Member

Quote:
By the way, I read an article about DSL Internet and it stated that it had high radiation levels. Since then, I have disconnected the DSL system when not in use. I know this has nothing to do with gas milage but it does have to do with energy and power usage even at home. I know many of us use DSL for connecting to the web so I thought it may be of some help.

Please do let me know if I am out of line given the fact that this is a gas saving forum.

Thanks!
No not out of line just the wrong place. Look at the Forums there are a bunch of different topic to choose from.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:24 PM   #65
Registered Member

I am calculating the mpg based on the mpg calculation off the H2 control panel. I deleted the memory every time I wanted to calculate FE once changes to driving behavior and then tire pressure changes were made.

Is that the correct way of doing it?
Old 06-05-2007, 07:26 PM   #66
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
We have a section here called "Around the house" you can put any of the home tips in!
Thanks. Will do so...
Old 06-05-2007, 07:32 PM   #67
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpiloto View Post
No not out of line just the wrong place. Look at the Forums there are a bunch of different topic to choose from.
Thanks! Just posted it in the "Around the House" Forum. I really enjoy this site and I am very excited!

Thanks!
Old 06-05-2007, 07:45 PM   #68
Registered Member

Quote:
City:
Before joining this forum I was getting 10.1 mpg
After going through the tips with my wife we started getting 13.1 mpg
After increasing the tire pressure (pressure was 40 psi from dealer) I increased it to 45 psi the mpg went to 15.2 mpg. This is 50.5% increase in gas milage in just 2 days. My wife still has to learn more how to drive using all your tips but this can give us an idea of how much it can improve.
I don't guess Hummer is required to have EPA numbers for that H2 hog. Did they have any on the window when you got it. You might have made it to the hypermiling ranks with those numbers
Old 06-05-2007, 07:53 PM   #69
*shrug*

I think GM quotes 13.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:55 PM   #70
Supporting Member

What thermostat does it have? What about a ghetto warm air intake?

H2, where are you located? I'd be willing to coach you if your close.

https://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...emysan/saturn/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"for best mileage swap in a d15z1"
Closed Thread