Introducing myself :-p - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2006, 05:36 AM   #1
Registered Member

Introducing myself :-p

I've been pretty into gas milage ever since I first got a car. When I was 16 I went out and bought a 97 Civic HX. I got it up to 48 mpg with a car full of people (5 total) before my project turned a different way. Now it's down to about 8 mpg. It is now an all out race car, and a great deal of fun.

My new project is my 2002 Odyssey. I got it to tow my Civic to the track. I had a truck before, but getting 11 mpg daily just to be able to tow once a month was nonsensical. I'm a sprited driver, even in the Odyssey, so I'm only pulling in about 19 mpg city. Probably the best thing I can do is change my driving habits, but whats the fun in that?

The underbody aerodynamics of the Odyssey are already quite good. I'm probably going to add spoilers to divert air around the rear wheel and suspension area, but that's about all I can do. I want to make a rear wheel cover, but need to research more. I want to make sure it looks good and is easily removed. I also want to fill in some of the front bumper, but in a way that it is removable for when I'm towing. Also some removable wheel covers for the front (don't want to let the brakes heat up when towing).

The project should be fun and challenging, as I need to keep perfomance for towing in mind. I can't do anything to kill the torque, or let the brakes heat up too much. I can't really lower it either, as the rear is borderline for towing as it is.

I've removed the removable seats, and will probably be removing the bench to save on weight. If people want a ride they can bring a bean bag to sit on or something

I'm looking into removing the antenna, but I can't live without my radio, so I'll need to find somewhere else to mount it (maybe the trunk area?). I'm also thinking of removing the luggage racks, as I will never use them anyway.

This is the only picture I could find: