newbe from nw wi - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-17-2013, 05:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

newbe from nw wi

found a link from buildit solar and found my way here.nowi'm not getting numbers like some of you but am pretty happy with what I do get.i drive a 90 caddy Fleetwood and get by far the best mpg of any car I ever owned.when I purccesed it 3 years ago at 169 k the on bd computer was claiming 18. something. At the end of the season it was at 24.2. I was very impressed with that. it hung around there. Last spring I drove it from wi to ny and back and seen a high of 26.7. I was very impressed. I put it away for the winter at 24.2 again. I got it back out to let my daughter use it while I was doing some work on her crown vic. when I got it back it read 21.7 ( winter and she lives less than a mile to work)that is where I started this spring. I broke the exuast pipe loose from the cat doing a smokie burnout(whoops) it always leaked some. so I welded it up . nice no more noise.since fixing the leaky exuast my average is now at 27.4 and still climbing.i never reset this. this is my average not a one tank deal. I am very pleased with this as I am not afraid to pound this car a little now AND THEN.i has seen some drag racing and whatnot.but for the most part driven conservitivly. I think i'm getting near the best it will get but still shooting for 28. anyone else getting numbers like this from there v8

cheap bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:08 AM   #2
Registered Member

I have a friend with a race ready corvette that can get 32 on non-track days. That number quickly hits the teens on track days.

I will say the aero on the corvette is awesome and thus the good mileage (relatively speaking).

welcome to the site... and nice user name.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:06 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow

Gotta love those big, torquey GMs that come with the gears they need to get good fuel economy too.

I do only a little better in my 1980 LeSabre with 4.1 V6 and 5 speed manual. I blame the carburetor...if it had fuel injection I think I'd be able to squeeze a lot more out of it. My 80 miles/day of driving is less than 40% highway but the rest isn't hectic city stop-and-go, it's town/country roads with reasonably-spaced stop signs and traffic lights.

I bet you would get 28+ in your daughter's Crown Vic, those can get really good numbers.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
Registered Member

Beef my 2nd best mpg is my 77 vette but i'm not looking for mpg when I drive it holy cow, the Vicky was awesome when we got it out on the road.She has a park ave now, way better. A buick with a 5 speed! how cool is that!!! My mom and brother live in RI but I never get there, I meet them in ny
cheap bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #5
Site Team / Moderator

If you air up the tires, and watch your speed, upper 20's/low 30's should be doable in a Crown Vic. I used to get upper 20's in my great aunt's old 88 Lincoln Town Car. Ever since Ford started putting fuel injection and overdrive in the full size cars, the mileage has been pretty good in them.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote