EVAP effects on mileage Currently disconnected. - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2009, 04:53 PM   #1
Registered Member

EVAP effects on mileage Currently disconnected.

My evap has been disconnected for quite some time now. Probably since I still had TBI on my civic and shortly after converting to MPFI. I put a 92-95 Intake manifold on shortly after. If your familiar with older hondas you know what I'm talking about. Anyway, I just realized I had the solenoid hookup wrong with my current setup and I plan on install it shortly. but I'm interested if this might increase mileage at all. Well I'll see, but let look at it in a more technical manner.

If you have a 1/2 gallon of water. you put it in a pan and you boil the water for say a couple minutes, then turn off the heat source and let it cool to room temp. you have less water. Same scenario in a car. If I just dump it to the atmosphere I'm wasting fuel. But the question is it really boiling any if at all in the winter at temps between 30-50 F? But there is the exhaust and pump running to heat it up too.

So, if I do hook it up, and since fuel has to be vaporized to burn effectively anyway. and the computer learns that the motors running slightly rich and leaned out the mixture. in theory the evap should increase mileage a bit compared to dumping it..............
guest001 is offline   Reply With Quote