Gas tanks and hot parking lots. spark plugs - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #1
Registered Member

Gas tanks and hot parking lots. spark plugs

I remember my neighbor built a kit car hotrod and filled it up at the gas station, he drove it one block to the hybred seed outlet and parked it on a hot parking lot. Within miniutes it was overflowing out the filler tube. My question is this. How much gas do I lose when the tank gains heat and starts to expand the gas? If the gas expands the vapor is forced out a vent somewhere isn't it? Just wondering, I see second shifters coming into work and its 90+ out there. Parking on all that heat, what percent of loss is there? To me a one percent loss is bad. I have to park outside at my home (the women in the household took over the garage privilage). I park my car gas tank away from the sun and in the grass. Am i being foolish?

Sparkplugs?
I get 36 mpg per tankfull with my 1995 neon 5speed manual. I pulled the plugs, I had 36000 on them and who knows what was on them before. They had the correct color and little wear, but the white insulaters were a deep orange one quarter inch up from the metal. Like they got too hot or were really old. Hey what the heck I will try the Bosch Platinum+2 sparkplugs. Two electrolds and PLATINUM!!!! Any feedback on these plugs? They say better performance.
Shuttletruck
shuttletruck is offline   Reply With Quote