How to build a conversion harness for a Honda VX (p07) ECU - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > Experiments, Modifications and DIY
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-02-2006, 11:39 AM   #1
Driving on E

How to build a conversion harness for a Honda VX (p07) ECU

<style type="text/css">
<!--
.style1 {
color: 1;
font-weight: bold;
}
.style2 {color: 1}
-->
</style>
<p>This is for the people who want to put a Honda Civic VX Engine/ECU into their obd0 Civic/CRX (1988-1991). This writeup is assuming you are using a MPFI ECU/wiring harness. This comes standard on the Civic EX, the CRX Si, and the CRX HF. If you have a Civic STD, LX, DX, or a CRX DX you need to convert to MPFI before this harness will work. There are plenty of write ups on the internet on how to switch from DPFI to MPFI.</p>
<p><strong>What you need:</strong> You will need the female plugs from an obd0 ECU. I recommend going to the junkyard and finding a pm5 ECU from a Civic DX or LX. Rip out the female plugs from the ECU and desolder the connections. You will also need the male plugs from a obd1 civic. ANything made between the years of 92-95 will do, but might require a little modification. If you are lucky and can find yourself a Civic VX in the junkyard I'd recommend taking the ECU plugs from it as the wires are all there.</p>
<p>Assuming this is all true, make a conversion harness using the pinouts below:<br>

<table width="100%" border="1">
<tr>
<td> It seems that some of the pinouts were incorrect. I just ordered a conversion harness from a company that specializes in them. I will reverse engineer the pinouts and upload them here at a later date. </td>
</tr>
</table>

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:37 PM   #2
Registered Member

i got some of the wires u

i got some of the wires u dont have (egr for ex.) i'll get the wire collors. also the missing colors on the obd0 side are: injector is yellow, egr control is red, egr lift is yellow. if u give me a list of what u need i'll look for ya.

Need this stuff gone!
https://www.honda-tech.com/zero...67053[/B]
GasSavers_Diemaster is offline   Reply With Quote