Registered Member

Re: Fo sheezy?Are you allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Fo sheezy?
Fo Shizzle!

Quote:
Are you allowed to say how much it cost you cuz I can say that I'm wanting to get one of these kewl things!?
I can't say right now. After my BETA test we will work out a price.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 07:56 AM   #22
Driving on E

I actually had an elaborate

I actually had an elaborate daydream about this computer yesterday. I managed to find a black plastic case for it, and then mounted it on my dashboard with something that resembles a surround sound speaker mount. I ran the wires through the dashboard down to the ECU.

It was really cool.

Needless to say, I'm excited.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:27 AM   #23
Registered Member

Re: I actually had an elaborate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
I actually had an elaborate daydream about this computer yesterday. I managed to find a black plastic case for it, and then mounted it on my dashboard with something that resembles a surround sound speaker mount. I ran the wires through the dashboard down to the ECU.

It was really cool.

Needless to say, I'm excited.
A true gassaver, daydreaming of fuel saving enabler devices. Do you dream of such things at night also? Does your wife think you are nuts? My wife thinks I am nuts but she says that it's better than some other scenarios that she can think of.

Yoshi builds these in his spare time so it may take some time to make more for youse guys. But I seem to remember when I got the first one for the Prius that he had offered to supply the parts if and i could build it myself. But since my soldering skills are far from adequate, I decided to wait for him to build it for me.

Now maybe you are more comfortable with building electronics. If so, you might be able to get a kit faster and at a lower price than if it were built by Yoshi. More details here, need to translate.

http://priusdiy.fc2web.com/NENPIKEI.html

Old 02-18-2006, 03:49 AM   #24
Registered Member

Re: Fo sheezy?Are you allowed

Quote:
Fo sheezy?

Are you allowed to say how much it cost you cuz I can say that I'm wanting to get one of these kewl things!?
The price will be $160 shipped for a built and tested unit. I just need to verify that it works for my car.

Old 02-23-2006, 02:21 PM   #25
Registered Member

Wooooooot! SuperMID is here!

Trying to install now!

Woooooooot!

Old 02-23-2006, 02:48 PM   #26
*shrug*

Thought you couldn't pick it

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 03:02 PM   #27
Registered Member

Re: Thought you couldn't pick it

Quote:
Thought you couldn't pick it up until saturday?
Post office delivered today. Since I signed the slip, they left it in my storm door.

It's installed and shows about 2ms PW at idle. Sounds close. Im going for a drive to verify speed sensor works.

Old 02-23-2006, 03:48 PM   #28
Registered Member

SuperMID Up and Running

I just took a drive to see what the initial calibration was like. The trip odometer on the del camino says 6.0 miles. The SuperMid says 9.70 km or 6.01 miles. I expected it to be close because I am using the same size tires as a Prius.

After the 6 mile trip the display showed 0.376 liters used, or 25.79 km/l, or 60.6 MPG. Hmmm the calibration seems a little off there, but not too much. The Del Sol uses 240cc injectors. Yoshi says his Prius calibration number shows 222cc. So there is probably an under registration of 10% which would bring me back down to 54 MPG. Sounds about right because I started on a warm engine. I'm gonna drive to work and back to get a better calibration on the odometer and see what the trip FE is. I will adjust the calibration down to make the trip 51MPG which is what I average. Then I will fill up the tank for a full tank calibration.

So far so good with the BETA testing. I was even able to verify that the injectors shut off completely under colsed throttle. The PW shows 0.0. I have it hooked up so that I can shut off the engine and restart by either bump start or starter and the SuperMID keeps on recording distance.

Not I just have to figure out how to mount it. ;-)

Old 02-23-2006, 04:02 PM   #29
Driving on E

Re: SuperMID Up and Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by krousdb
I just took a drive to see what the initial calibration was like. The trip odometer on the del camino says 6.0 miles. The SuperMid says 9.70 km or 6.01 miles. I expected it to be close because I am using the same size tires as a Prius.

After the 6 mile trip the display showed 0.376 liters used, or 25.79 km/l, or 60.6 MPG. Hmmm the calibration seems a little off there, but not too much. The Del Sol uses 240cc injectors. Yoshi says his Prius calibration number shows 222cc. So there is probably an under registration of 10% which would bring me back down to 54 MPG. Sounds about right because I started on a warm engine. I'm gonna drive to work and back to get a better calibration on the odometer and see what the trip FE is. I will adjust the calibration down to make the trip 51MPG which is what I average. Then I will fill up the tank for a full tank calibration.

So far so good with the BETA testing. I was even able to verify that the injectors shut off completely under colsed throttle. The PW shows 0.0. I have it hooked up so that I can shut off the engine and restart by either bump start or starter and the SuperMID keeps on recording distance.

Not I just have to figure out how to mount it. ;-)
I'm pretty excited about this. I would be more excited if the price wasn't $160.

Now to your mounting question. Does it come in a plastic case? If so, I would recommend trying to mount a speaker mount for a surround sound speaker (the little ones in the corner of the rooms) to the back of it. You can screw it into your dashboard. Height, angle, etc. are all adjustable at this point.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:15 PM   #30
Registered Member

How does it work so that

How does it work so that when the trottle is closed your fuel supply is off????

Anybody know if my car got that?

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote