SuperMID M1, MPG Computer - Page 9 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-03-2007, 12:05 AM   #81
Team GasMisers5!

It is also known to work in Nissan CA series engines which were used from about 1984->1997 (as long as they have fuel injection) (Nissan Bluebirds etc), also Nissan Micra / Nissan March 1.0 / 1.3 litre twin cam engines. As I have tested it on two different Bluebirds and one Micra

So basically all Nissans should work with it.

Team GasMisers5 - #1 for first three rounds of the original GS Fuel Economy Challenge
Miles displaced by e-bike since 1 Jan 2008: 62.6 (0 kWh used)
Hypomiler
landspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:10 AM   #82
Team GasMisers5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnmeyer View Post
You could try using a vacuum gauge in your AMC though
For what it is worth:

On my fuel injected Bluebird, the vacuum gauge was very closely related to the MPG. In 5th gear, no matter what speed I was going, a certain position on the vacuum gauge would equal a certain MPG, at 30 or 80mph.

In 4th gear, the same position of the vacuum gauge used more fuel (because the engine was turning faster). I got the best economy by changing gear ASAP as I accelerated. My final v. good economy was by 'lugging' from 800-1200rpm, then changing down, until I got to about 35mph in 5th, the cutting the engine until the speed drops back down to 25mph in 5th (which is about 800rpm). The RPM is one of the main things that has an effect on the MPG.

Team GasMisers5 - #1 for first three rounds of the original GS Fuel Economy Challenge
Hypomiler
Old 01-10-2008, 06:23 AM   #83
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnmeyer View Post
Sorry, it won't work in your AMC. the Super MID only works in cars with electronic Fuel injection, and more specifically, only with the Toyota Prius and certain Honda 4cyls.

You could try using a vacuum gauge in your AMC though
Hi. I'd like to find out if this will work with my 92 Civic VX? If so, how do go about purchasing?
cmlamb2vx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:01 PM   #84
Team GasMisers5!

If you take a photo of the engine bay, that may help? (Or, maybe easier, people on this site might know if the car has injection or not).

The SuperMID will work in any car that has fuel injection (single or multipoint), although some cars have a weird two-injector 'single point' system that it won't currently work with.

You also need an electronic speed sensor - it may well be included somewhere on your car, or Yoshi sells plug-in ones if you don't have one.

Hypomiler