I found ANOTHER NICE old diesel! - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Diesels
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2007, 04:12 AM   #11

I have the ones at work tell me that almost everyday. That's OK, because I always play "guess my age" and they always guess below 30 so I'm doing well. Sure glad I didn't wear makeup and hairspray in the 80's....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey4mnhs View Post
lol i wasent even born in 84

BumblingB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:34 AM   #12
Registered Member

Jesus Christ, nice find! Is that going to be veggie too?

repete86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:46 PM   #13

^ please leave it a time capsule . I haven't seen one that nice since ....1982
MnFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:56 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete86 View Post
Jesus Christ, nice find! Is that going to be veggie too?
No, it won't. This car is a time capsule. Wayyyyy too nice too turn into a veggie car. This afternoon I cleaned up the Jetta VERY nice, spent hours. I'm almost regretting doing it too the Jetta but I know I'll do an extremely professional job. Actually, the main problem I see is after the conversion I know I'll have people bothering me to do conversions for them. I'm not ready for that - the reason I do what I do now (my daily job) is because I got sick of people always hassling me to work on their cars for them. About 10 years ago I broke down and did shadetreeing due to some hard times - once I got out of the rut I quit. 3 more years and I think I'll start restoring cars.

UPDATE!!!

FIXED ALL THE PROBLEMS I MENTIONED!! The car is 100% now. Now all I have to do is a detailing to my level and perhaps stick it in a show just for the heck of it. I always catch flak when I show up with something other than the normal cars I bring - but I'm bored with them.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:44 AM   #15
Registered Member

Nice condition on that car. Wish I had the engine out of it, I'm really itching to put a diesel in my little truck. Oh well, maybe one day after diesel cars become commonplace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazabi Owner View Post
About 10 years ago I broke down and did shadetreeing due to some hard times - once I got out of the rut I quit. 3 more years and I think I'll start restoring cars.
I've found the easiest way to turn people down that want me to work on their stuff is to agree to do the work. I then tell them my terms are 100 an hour, minimum 8 hours paid in advance, plus parts cost, no guarantee on the work, and no guarantee I'll finish . I then suggest they check with a local shop, but if they really want me to do the work I'll be happy to, no negotiation on my terms. People rethink how badly they want me to work on their stuff when I present my terms. It isn't that I think that highly of my work, it's that I don't want to be working on other people's stuff. Pricing myself out of the market is the only real way to keep people from asking over and over for free work.
Telco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:39 PM   #16
Registered Member

Neat car. Does this one talk? A guy that did some exchange work on a past Citroen DS21 I had owned one of these that talked. He also found he could get different language modules for it somehow. Of course, this was almost 15 years ago.

EDIT, I see it talks, cool. "The key is in the ignition, the key is in the ignition, the key..."

-Emil Faber
Spule 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:10 PM   #17

You already guessed it, it talks. OR should I say SHE talks......though the wife calls it a PIMP car. But I just say, "NO IT'S NOT - NOW SHUT UP HOE!" (I'm kidding!!!)