how to reduce drag on 2007 honda Civic - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Aerodynamics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2007, 10:13 AM   #1
Registered Member

how to reduce drag on 2007 honda Civic

Hi all, I have a 2007 Honda Civic DX-G and I want to improve its aerodynamic.

I was reading about 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid and its aerodynamics improvements such as underbody panels, flush alloy wheel, a tiny rear spoiler.
I am not sure about the list. if anyone knows of other features , pls feel free to add to it.

I came across the term "vortex generator". How does it improve the aerodynamic and in this case a 2007 Civic ?

Also after I have done all the mod, how do I know the coefficient of drag has been reduce ? Do I need a wind tunnel test to find out ?

Regards
Danny

papaburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:31 AM   #2
Registered Member

Search for vortex generator in the forums, and on the internet. There might be some automotive applications where they would work.

For aerodynamic mods, you could test them with "coast-down" tests. You can search for that too.

Gotta run...

Old 05-19-2008, 12:24 AM   #3
Registered Member

how to reduce drag on 2007 honda Civic

Gasoline-electric hybrid cars contain the following parts:

Gasoline engine>>>>The hybrid car has a gasoline engine much
like the one you will find on most cars. However, the engine on a hybrid is smaller and uses advanced technologies to reduce
emissions and increase efficiency.

Fuel tank>>>> The fuel tank in a hybrid is the energy storage device for the gasoline engine. Gasoline has a much higher energy density than batteries do. For example, it takes about 1,000 pounds of batteries to store as much energy as 1 gallon (7 pounds) of gasoline.

Electric motor>>>>The electric motor on a hybrid car is very sophisticated. Advanced electronics allow it to act as a motor as well as a generator. For example, when it needs to, it can draw energy from the batteries to accelerate the car. But acting as a generator, it can slow the car down and return energy to the batteries.

Generator>>>>The generator is similar to an electric motor, but it acts only to produce electrical power. It is used mostly on series hybrids (see below).

Batteries>>>>The batteries in a hybrid car are the energy storage device for the electric motor. Unlike the gasoline in the fuel tank, which can only power the gasoline engine, the electric motor on a hybrid car can put energy into the batteries as well as draw energy from them.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/hybrid-car4.htm

Regards:
Hank Freid