Motorcycle License Plate on front of car? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-16-2008, 01:38 PM   #11
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 200
Country: United States
Which Saturn are you doing your mods to ?
My mom has a Saturn SL of the same year. ( The one with rounded back window )
__________________

Nerds laugh at me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 02:40 PM   #12
Registered Member
 
BamZipPow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 214
Country: United States
Send a message via AIM to BamZipPow
Depending on where yer plate is...it would be better to "shape" it a little so it matches with yer body shape...
__________________

__________________
BamZipPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:31 AM   #13
Supporting Member
 
cfg83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,779
Country: United States
NerdsLAM -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerds laugh at me View Post
Which Saturn are you doing your mods to ?
My mom has a Saturn SL of the same year. ( The one with rounded back window )
The 1999 Saturn SW2 here in my garage :

http://www.gassavers.org/garage/view/160

CarloSW2
__________________
Old School SW2 EPA ... New School Civic EPA :

What's your EPA MPG? http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:32 AM   #14
Supporting Member
 
cfg83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,779
Country: United States
red91sit -

Quote:
Originally Posted by red91sit View Post
It might be worth looking into, as the other day a newer BMW shot by running the long yellow European plates, I have no idea how that can possibly be legal, or why he would go to jail over something useless, or if there is some license plate loophole.
I think I'll go to the DMV and ask about that. If not, I'll do the "bendy" on it like BamZipPow says.

CarloSW2
__________________
Old School SW2 EPA ... New School Civic EPA :

What's your EPA MPG? http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:16 AM   #15
Registered Member
 
GasSavers_Ryland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,325
Country: United States
Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by red91sit View Post
It might be worth looking into, as the other day a newer BMW shot by running the long yellow European plates, I have no idea how that can possibly be legal, or why he would go to jail over something useless, or if there is some license plate loophole.
What state was this in?
I just know that putting plates on any vehicle other then what they were supposed to go on is apparently fraud, just like putting your photo on someone else's drivers license, some states don't require license plates on the front, but most do.
I could see how if you were a resident of another country and had enough money to either bring your own car here, or buy a car here, but didn't have any leagle way to license it, because you were not a resident here, you could have other plates on your vehicle, simaler to how I've seen cars driving around that have plates from Hawaii... they didn't drive them here.
But either way, if you screw around with your plates to much you are going to draw unwanted attention, so why bother?
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 03:10 PM   #16
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 409
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
What state was this in?
I just know that putting plates on any vehicle other then what they were supposed to go on is apparently fraud, just like putting your photo on someone else's drivers license, some states don't require license plates on the front, but most do.
I could see how if you were a resident of another country and had enough money to either bring your own car here, or buy a car here, but didn't have any leagle way to license it, because you were not a resident here, you could have other plates on your vehicle, simaler to how I've seen cars driving around that have plates from Hawaii... they didn't drive them here.
But either way, if you screw around with your plates to much you are going to draw unwanted attention, so why bother?
It was in North Dakota, and I personally would never mess with the plates, just another reason for the pigs to take my money.
__________________

__________________
red91sit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Figures on my account rbs4898 Fuelly Web Support and Community News 6 04-22-2013 02:16 AM
Fuelly Android App - eehokie Fuelly Web Support and Community News 2 07-14-2010 09:59 PM
Notes Request earwhiskers Fuelly Web Support and Community News 2 07-20-2009 04:38 AM
Average fuel mileage line in the history graph? BDC Fuelly Web Support and Community News 1 05-06-2009 01:07 AM
tire warped because of too much psi kickflipjr General Fuel Topics 30 04-24-2007 01:09 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.