Well I had some time to kill today and I had the car up in the air trying to find out where the noise is coming from on the back end. Since I was not able to figure it out I decided to mess around and put a front skirt on it.
This pic you can see the seal I made to block air from coming into the gap from the bumper to the hood.
here is the pic of how I made the seal and stuck it on with some screws to the plastic bumper.
The whole thing probably took me 30 minutes to do and the short drive I did tonight the car seems smoother in coasting down from 50 or so. Will be sometime this week before I can do a real downhill coast test to see the improvement. I have a few more pictures of it here
In the case of the Calibra, the centre section of the front spoiler was lifted to allow more (yes more!) air to flow under the middle of the car, so making the total flow more parallel with the car’s long axis. This reduced the amount of air being deflected outwards by the front wheels, reducing the size of the wake and so drag.
When I was installing my flexible front air dam some time ago I was fastening it directly to the bottom of my front bumper. I noticed that the center section of my front bumper was higher than the ends. I just followed the contour that was there which duplicated at the bottom of the air dam. With the flexibility of the dam I am able to wire up the center even higher by partly folding the dam underneath. Adjustable and easily undone. Doing this, I have been able to make gains on the negative air pressure at the rear of my car using the gauges I have acquired lately.