The Tornado Fuel Saver: Does it really work? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > News and Articles > Automotive News, Articles and Products
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2005, 01:01 PM   #11
*shrug*

True, but water injection

True, but water injection can be applied to fuel ecocnomy, especially in terms of more power for the same amount of fuel, and it seems many people have done it in the past. (such as a lot of the links I have posted around here.)

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 08:34 PM   #12
Registered Member

Water injection

Most of the positive comments I have read on water injection related to turbocharged or supercharged engines.

GasSavers_JustMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 08:41 PM   #13
Registered Member

Test results

In regards to the test results of the fuel vaporizer, I have this comment: George Wiseman states that fuel savers will not work on fuel injected engines unless they have an oxygen sensor override. See this link about the EFIE:
http://www.eagle-research.com/fuelsav/efie.html
Maybe Popular Mechanics would have received a different result if the two were tested together.
GasSavers_JustMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 09:08 PM   #14
FE nut

Quote:Maybe Popular

Quote:
Maybe Popular Mechanics would have received a different result if the two were tested together.
I firmly believe that this is the case. Since the ECU is trying to keep everything at a certain level, anything that is done to lean things out will be counteracted by the ECU when it senses, through the O2 sensor, that the oxygen level has increased. Higher O2 and the ECU thinks things are running lean and it injects more fuel.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 04:45 AM   #15

Re: Quote:Maybe Popular

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlarry
Quote:
I firmly believe that this is the case. Since the ECU is trying to keep everything at a certain level, anything that is done to lean things out will be counteracted by the ECU when it senses, through the O2 sensor, that the oxygen level has increased. Higher O2 and the ECU thinks things are running lean and it injects more fuel.
This may be the case, but you can't expect a national magazine to tell you how to disable an emission control device.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:08 AM   #16
FE nut

Quote:This may be the case,

Quote:
This may be the case, but you can't expect a national magazine to tell you how to disable an emission control device.
No they sure wouldn't. I would never do that either since it may be illegal.;-) I've heard a lot about it though.;-)

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 01-02-2006, 07:10 AM   #17

Just like you should never

Just like you should never hollow out your catalytic converter for less backpressure. Eye-wink
Old 01-02-2006, 07:35 AM   #18
FE nut

Quote:Just like you should

Quote:
Just like you should never hollow out your catalytic converter for less backpressure. Eye-wink
(Tool man grunt) I heard something once about taking the converter off and poking a rod through it repeatedly until you could pour the contents out the end. Since I don't have a rack or ramps I haven't tried this though.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 01-02-2006, 08:03 AM   #19

The guts are a ceramic like

The guts are a ceramic like material. You would never want to use a hammer and piece of rebar to hammer through repeatedly and chip the material out. You would never want to wear a dust mask when doing this because of the carcinogenic dust.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:06 AM   #20
FE nut

Quote:The guts are a ceramic

Quote:
The guts are a ceramic like material. You would never want to use a hammer and piece of rebar to hammer through repeatedly and chip the material out. You would never want to wear a dust mask when doing this because of the carcinogenic dust.
Yeah, and you would probably want to do it in a small room like your bathroom or your closet with the door closed.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn