Chrysler Pacifica (2018 van) - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2018, 05:47 AM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1 View Post
Odyssey is assembled and largely designed in US.
But Honda is still headquartered in Japan, and people will call it a Japanese car.

The large American minivan is a dying segment was my point. There are only four manufacturers still making one; Honda, Toyota, FCA, and Kia. Ford, GM, and Nissan have all abandoned it because of poor sales.

trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:37 AM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollbait View Post
But Honda is still headquartered in Japan, and people will call it a Japanese car.

The large American minivan is a dying segment was my point. There are only four manufacturers still making one; Honda, Toyota, FCA, and Kia. Ford, GM, and Nissan have all abandoned it because of poor sales.
obviously your name is spot on. Minivan market is coming back around with continued growth in this segment and also small 3 row suv's. Larger vehicles (hence new lincoln and suburbans) are staying stagnant.

The ideology that any one manufacturer is American is well past gone. Ford, Chevy and FCA (actually Italian maker) are no more American than Honda from a manufacturing stand point. If you want to count the heritage, sure buy "American" all day long. Dam near every sensor in a car is foreign, nearly all cars are now metric..list goes on and on.

Arcadia is currently the most American made vehicle right now somewhere in the high 80%'s depending who you ask.

Your 2016 Camry is around 75% "American".

inis2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:31 PM   #13
Registered Member

Thanks @civiccaravan
From this site, it doesn't look like the new Pacificas exist. Can't find a single one. Here's mine:

17 Pacifica Hybrid Platinum (Chrysler Pacifica) | Fuelly
gory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 06:40 AM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inis2002 View Post
obviously your name is spot on. Minivan market is coming back around with continued growth in this segment and also small 3 row suv's. Larger vehicles (hence new lincoln and suburbans) are staying stagnant.

The ideology that any one manufacturer is American is well past gone. Ford, Chevy and FCA (actually Italian maker) are no more American than Honda from a manufacturing stand point. If you want to count the heritage, sure buy "American" all day long. Dam near every sensor in a car is foreign, nearly all cars are now metric..list goes on and on.

Arcadia is currently the most American made vehicle right now somewhere in the high 80%'s depending who you ask.

Your 2016 Camry is around 75% "American".
According to the VIN, my Camry is a Japanese import.

If the minivan market is improving, you should tell the manufacturers.
Toyota Sienna Sales Figures | GCBC
Chrysler Pacifica Sales Figures | GCBC
Honda Odyssey Sales Figures | GCBC
Kia Sedona Sales Figures | GCBC
Dodge Grand Caravan Sales Figures | GCBC
Chrysler Town & Country Sales Figures | GCBC
Only the Sienna and Pacifica saw an improvement in sales this January compared to the previous year. All the models have been losing annual sales from 2015 or 2016. (note: GoodCarBadCar has segment sales charts, but the 2017 and 2016 ones for minivans wasn't available.)

Whether two or three rows of seats, SUVs and crossovers have been the winners in the past year. They are a separate recognized segment from minivans though.

I'm surprised no one used the easy counter to my snark; Chrysler is owned by Fiat.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:05 AM   #15
Registered Member

Minivans are a dying market because they're so uncool, and it's impossible to style them due to thier large bulky design. People are fussy these days, and style is becoming increasingly important, SUV'S with extra seats are far more popular these days, the new Peugeot 5008 for example is one of my new favourite 7 seater:

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 05:16 PM   #16
gt1
Registered Member

@trollbait, I'm not sure what are you leading to. Are you saying that Pacifica shouldn't show up in the directory because many people prefer the questionable vanity of SUVs?
gt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:00 AM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1 View Post
@trollbait, I'm not sure what are you leading to. Are you saying that Pacifica shouldn't show up in the directory because many people prefer the questionable vanity of SUVs?
Not at all.

My initial comment here was just snark. There is just one minivan brand that the public would call "American".

I mention the decline of US sized minivans in order to just add to the conversion. On a personal note, I thought the Pacifica PHEV could have been a great car for my wife. She drove very little miles locally, so most of those would be EV with a Pacifica. Then for long trips we used her car because it was roomier than my commuter.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:13 PM   #18
gt1
Registered Member

Still no fix. A couple of years ago I asked to add a "View All Notes" option to the vehicle pages. It was done the same day. Support went downhill...
gt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:57 AM   #19
Registered Member

Any update?
inis2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 06:14 AM   #20
Registered Member

Yes how do we get a hybrid added to the model list? How can this be missing?

1tpg1 is offline   Reply With Quote