Vehicle year - 2013 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-06-2012, 12:33 AM   #1
Registered Member

Vehicle year - 2013

Are you going to run a database injection close to the end of the year to add the year "2013" to all vehicles listed?

I've bought a new car, it's waiting at the dealer for delivery on 5th January, so it will be a 2013 model, but the listings currently only show 2012. I know I could enter "other" and write the year myself, but will I be able to change it later?

Prodigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:43 AM   #2
pb

Yeah, selecting other is the way to go. Once one person adds the 2013 model year it becomes available for everyone. So if you're the first you can use other—and you get to be an early adopter and help others.

What do you mean by "change it later"? You mean change the model year once you enter it? Sure, if you accidentally put in 2013 and want it to be 2012 you can edit your vehicle.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:46 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks, it worked perfectly!!! All the best!
Prodigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:34 AM   #4

I did Other with my 2013 Civic LX and it seems fine. But I don't see 2013 in the Browse Vehicles section yet. How long does it take before that becomes an option? I'm sure someone else has added a 2013 Civic by now. I'd like to see how I compare - first fillup, which of course doesn't show mpg on here, was just over 36mpg. Of course, the car probably idled at the dealer a lot, so that's perhaps not very accurate. The drive home after the first fillup showed over 44mpg. That is likely to drop over the time before the next fillup, but we'll see.
Riamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:03 AM   #5
pb

We don't track trim levels like LX publicly. You're free to track it that way if you want, it just won't be approved as its own unique model.

What you might want to do is change your model to a Civic. And then make sure you vehicle name or description mentions 'LX'. You also need at least three fuel-ups before your vehicle starts showing up in public browsing. We have bit more info the FAQ:

Why isn't my car listed in the Browse Vehicles section of the site?
Old 12-21-2012, 01:11 AM   #6

Thanks for the quick response. However, I don't have it set up as a trim. I just have that in the name. I chose Make: Honda, Model: Civic, Year: 2013 (I had to add it using Other a week or two ago), Body Style: Sedan, Fuel: Gas.

So what I'm asking is when we'll see 2013 Civic in the Browse Vehicles section. Right now, 2012 is the newest shown. Maybe it's the 3 fillups that is doing that. The 2013 Civic has only been out for a few weeks, so maybe no one has gotten 3 fillups yet. If it automatically adds it after 3 fillups for someone, then that's good. I didn't know about the 3 fillup thing.
Riamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:59 AM   #7
pb

oh ok, then, yeah it's the three fuel-ups thing. You can click "show all" on the top right of the page to see all vehicles--even those without three fuel-ups. You should see the 2013 listings if you do that.