177,690 Mile Michelins - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #1
Registered Member

177,690 Mile Michelins

January 8, 2013 I bought new tires for Clyde The Ride, my 2006 Tundra. I got the same type as before, LT265/75R16 LTX M/S 2, All Season Michelin truck tires.
LTX M/S2 | Michelin Tires

The truck has often carried large payloads and occasionally obscene weights long distances; (GOOGLE: Shatto's Long Day) 1400 lbs 425 miles to deliver medical supplies. So I use a larger than stock diameter because this tire has more plies, is therefore stiffer which translates to better life, 177,690 miles to reach the wear-bars.

At the time I bought em at Costco they were a bit cheaper than other places and I figured the rebates I get from both Costco and American Express for shopping there, would further lower the ultimate cost. But something happened to save me more. $281.27 more. Seems the three tire pressure sensors the scanner said had dead batteries weren't dead at all! They could have easily installed the new parts but they were professional, competent and honest.
They prove the old adage: A company is known by the people it keeps, and this is why Costco members are such strong supporters.

623,000 miles on original engine and transmission, using Amsoil by-pass filters and lubrication.
+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.

Low-Risk Option Trader
Retired Pro-Hunter featured in; 'African Hunter', by James R. Mellon III. and listed in; Rowland Ward's Records of Big Game.
shatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:59 AM   #2
Registered Member

i read an article several years ago praising costco as a great company...in regard to customer AND employee satisfaction.

at that time, costco had about half the amount of stores nation wide as did sams club. yet, they had more yearly sales for some years. essentially the difference was that they compensated their employees better which consequently made happier, more loyal employees and ultimately happier customers.

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:40 AM   #3
Site Team / Moderator

Also, Costco and Sam's are not the same. Costco's focus is on small business owners, and the impulse items they put out there are targeted to a higher income demographic than Sam's.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #4
Registered Member

That only complaint I have about Costco is the receipt checker they have at the exit. A bit insulting, and I won't wait in line for it after waiting to check out.

Of course this is the standard at those type of stores.
trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote