Alltel cell phone problems - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-17-2007, 11:37 AM   #1
Stay true to the Game!

Alltel cell phone problems

This probably isn't the best forum to post this problem, but since I spend a lot of time here I thought I'd ask for help from the GS community. I've had Alltel since March of this year. When I signed up they said that I would be getting a military discount of 15%. In order to get the discount you have to have a government email account set as your email with Alltel. So here it goes I set my e-mail with them and wait. 2 months goes by and nothing. So I call them and they say they'll look into it. 2 more months go by and nothing. I move to California and call them and update my e-mail to my new base. So December's bill comes out and guess what no discount. So I call Alltel and talk to the rep. The rep says that they can only credit me with 2 months of the discount. I ask for the supervisor and get told the same thing. I complain and say that I will cancel my service and switch based on principal. The supervisor tells me that the email I provided was undeliverable. So I asked why they never told me about it when I called them. I also ask for her supervisor. The supervisor's supervisor is now supposed to call me back. Any suggestions on what I should do? I'm only asking for what they promised me. I told them I would provide proof that I've been in the military long before I opened a contract with them. Thaks for the help.

popimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:12 PM   #2
VX trainee

Wow...I thought I was the only one having this problem. I'm an Alltel "Authorized Agent" (not a retail store) and get these headaches all the time. I just dropped a note to my regional manager, don't know if he can help, but doesn't hurt to try.

If I get anywhere, I'll PM you for account info so he can work on it.

4bfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:47 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Cell phone companies are a little power happy - I had cingular for almost ten years - well when they stopped putting my calls through and I could not get service to make a call on my 340 roll over minutes I went out and signed up with T-Mobile. They then tried to bill me for more service even though they were a prepay company - you get a bill for the next months service or they shut you off only they don't shut you off they just keep adding to the bill. Then when I explain to them that they failed to notify me that on 3 occasions that voice mail messages were received like 13 were there the last time they still insisted that I pay the bill anyway and sent it to collections for 4 years they tried to collect and damaged my credit rating even though I did not use any service during the time they were billing me for.

So be careful when you dump them because they can still screw you bad. You might want to record the conversation and keep it too.

You might contact the Attorney General of your state and let them now what is going on. If anything they should give you a credit - simular thing happened when I had an accident, the insurance raised my rates and charged me extra and would not refund it even after I proved that it was not my fault and they had put points on my license for the accident when I got rear ended while stopped.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:14 PM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha - cute cheer leaders too!
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:44 PM   #5
Stay true to the Game!

I could contact the state but it's not in the contract. So technically they could tell you whatever they want, but if it's not in writing then they are not legally bound to honor any discount. I just can't believe that a company would risk losing a customer over $90.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:04 PM   #6
VX trainee

Yes, unfortunately the days of "customer service" are waning. The mega-conglomo-humongous corporations don't give a crap about the customer, just how their stock performs. They have almost all farmed out their tech support to the lowest bidder, who is usually not based in the US.

I was in the insurance business for 20+ years, and have been in retail over 12, and it ain't gettin any better, folks....about the only "edge" left is personal favors from folks on the ladder.

poimp....you could check out the CCC (Cali Corp Commission) and file a complaint online. Most corps don't like to hear from regulatory agencies....they have to respond somehow to them.

And clencher....wonder if Chad was trying to get a raise....instead he got a pink slip for Xmas! And I agree with JanGeo, the cheerleaders were much better than the animated crap they're running now...
Old 12-17-2007, 09:36 PM   #7
Stay true to the Game!

My account has been updated to reflect the discount for this month. But I still think that Alltel should backdate it to when I signed the contract.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:40 AM   #8
VX trainee

Heck yeah! Give me some righteous T&A....now that's American advertising.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:28 PM   #9
VX trainee

OK popimp, the short version of several emails to and from various minions @ Alltel, you'll probably never get anywhere on the back military discount.

To keep the agonizing and gnashing of teeth over this deal to a minimum, I have a way to fix it though...I'll throw 3 "new customer" referral credits your way...that'll give you $75 in credit on your account. Won't happen overnight, but will get there in 2-3 months.

I'll PM you for Name/Wireless #. Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!
Old 12-19-2007, 02:45 PM   #10
Supporting Member

Hello -

Going tangent-topic ... I hate all subscription-based services these days - cable, satellite, cellphone, DSL, ad nauseum. They all lock you in and try to strangle you with bad service and red tape. You need to be a red-tape junkie to defeat them (aka soak up lots of your own time on the phone). For that reason I suggest a speaker-phone, so you can do something else while you out-wait their terrible service.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote