BREXIT: Paul and Ben, your thoughts? - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-28-2016, 02:56 PM   #21
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,486
Country: United Kingdom
Location: Mid Wales
It's hard to get a true picture of what's actually happening. Mainstream media only reports about 1% of what's going on, but for some people that's enough to apply it to the other 99% and form opinions based on the 1%. It really bugs me, it's why I try and stay away from main stream media and social media where one single event can go viral. When you actually dig deeper and uncover the facts, what's actually happening is usually the exact opposite of what's being reported.
__________________

__________________

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 03:07 PM   #22
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 104
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Corolla View Post
I do think it is interesting. From every news source across the ocean and here that I'm paying attention to. We may be watching the formation of 'the two young lions' from the Book of Revelations. Britain and the US. If so, I find it a relief.
Bit rusty on bible stuff. THEN what happens after this?
__________________

ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 03:12 PM   #23
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 104
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
It's hard to get a true picture of what's actually happening. Mainstream media only reports about 1% of what's going on, but for some people that's enough to apply it to the other 99% and form opinions based on the 1%. It really bugs me, it's why I try and stay away from main stream media and social media where one single event can go viral. When you actually dig deeper and uncover the facts, what's actually happening is usually the exact opposite of what's being reported.
AGREED! Interesting stuff on YouTube concerning European immigration issues, which mainstream media won't properly report and politicians show little concern for local citizens. The ONLY news that I trust is that Paul and Ben are reporting their true MPG.
ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 03:13 PM   #24
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 104
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Corolla View Post
Geesh!... .... It's rather obvious why you people don't talk politics.
I'm NOT talking politics. I'm COMPLAINING about politics!
ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 03:15 PM   #25
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 104
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
You mean bump starting? I've always bump started cars in 2nd gear, no idea if it's any more difficult or easier in a diesel to be honest, why do you ask?
Yeah. Bump starting. If I choose too low a gear to bump start my car, the car will nearly stop.

With all the torque, I was thinking bump starting a diesel engine would be much, much harder. Yes?
ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:10 PM   #26
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,258
Country: United States
Location: wiliamsburg virigina
Poli=many
Tics=blood sucking leaches
R.I.D.E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:00 PM   #27
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Black Hills of South Dakota
Posts: 176
Country: United States
Location: Rapid City, SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewChewTrain View Post
Bit rusty on bible stuff. THEN what happens after this?
It's not good at all what happens next. From what I see of the general public? They're asking for it. It ain't gonna be pretty. Should read it for yourself.

On push starting a diesel. Get it in a low gear. It's the easiest. Fires right up. Just don't let the car get away from you.
__________________
14Corolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:16 PM   #28
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 464
Country: United Kingdom
Location: East Yorkshire
Never had problem bump starting a diesel (I've had to do it on several old cars, 2nd gear is the right choice, just don't let the clutch pedal rise till you're really rolling though!).
I avoid the news to miss out on all the horror stories and politics, it's bad enough it recently invaded my personal space in the office. Let's keep religion and politics out of our geeky mpg convos.
And thinking about it, we should probably not talk about sex either....
__________________
benlovesgoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:13 AM   #29
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,486
Country: United Kingdom
Location: Mid Wales
Politics always ends in tears...and resignations
__________________

__________________

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.