Does anyone put their GasSavers sigs on other car forums? (Also, the $15 gallon....) - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2008, 04:05 AM   #1
Team GasMisers5!

Does anyone put their GasSavers sigs on other car forums? (Also, the $15 gallon....)

I just have:

http://www.sxoc.co.uk/vbb/showthread...=1#post4018440

This forum is actually pretty tolerant of MPG discussion compared to most, so no forum invasions please!.

Interestingly, this topic is talking of the 2 pounds/litre price that is coming in September 2008, apparently.

In US money + gallons, this is $15.14 per gallon what would people in the US make of that?

Team GasMisers5 - #1 for first three rounds of the original GS Fuel Economy Challenge
Miles displaced by e-bike since 1 Jan 2008: 62.6 (0 kWh used)
Hypomiler
landspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:04 AM   #2

Ridiculous! It's just corporate greed. We let corporations dictate foreign policy and let them dictate prices for a supposedly free market, when in fact it's a monopoly of a few.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:42 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
In US money + gallons, this is $15.14 per gallon what would people in the US make of that?
We'd soil our pants.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:27 AM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Actually we would go back to wood fired steam vehicles at that price.

I have GasSavers.org posted in all my signiture on Scion Life and it is retroactive to all my posts for over 2 years there so over 2000 posts have it listed.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 08:19 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
I don't understand exactly how it works but if you were to convert your salary with just a straight currency conversion, is that how much you would make in the UK?

I guess what I am saying is currency conversion is one thing but how does it compare to salaries? As in for the same job (with salaries converted to US dollars), do you make the same in the US as in the UK, or ?

opelgt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:10 AM   #6
Team GasMisers5!

I will just go and look at the CIA website (very good for finding out about countries) (just google 'CIA XXXXXX' where XXXX is the country, and get 'the world factbook')

UK GDP per capita : $35,300 (US dollars)
US GDP per capita : $46,000 (US dollars) - That is very annoying, much better than the UK!!!
NewZealand GDP : $27,300 (and my salary has gone down by the UK/NZ ratio too!)

So, that $15.14 gallon would actually be $19.73 per gallon. How would you like that in the US?

In NZ, it is currently $2NZ per litre, and that works out as $1.67US per litre, so $6.30US per gallon with raw figures, or $10.61 in real terms.

So, I am paying $10.61US per gallon! No wonder I like hypermiling! (and no wonder I am building an e-bike and an alternator wind generator!)

Team GasMisers5 - #1 for first three rounds of the original GS Fuel Economy Challenge
Miles displaced by e-bike since 1 Jan 2008: 62.6 (0 kWh used)
Hypomiler
landspeed is offline   Reply With Quote