If you're jealous of Matt, (or have 56k) don't look here. - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2005, 01:03 PM   #1
Registered Member

of you know may know, Matt bought a Honda n600 on ebay. But since it was in Chicago, and he's in SLC, a few friends and I (yes, the car's so cool, I had to bring a few friends) went to check it out and see if we could get it running. ...

Ok, as some of you know may know, Matt bought a Honda n600 on ebay. But since it was in Chicago, and he's in SLC, a few friends and I (yes, the car's so cool, I had to bring a few friends) went to check it out and see if we could get it running.

a few things went wrong with this trip, but there was no catastrophe (well, other than a plane crash, but it was five blocks from us)

As we pulled in his driveway, it started to rain. Don't worry, I'm not complaining because it let up for us to check out the car and get pics. It's too bad we couldn't get it to run, but at least we got spark. it's funny, this thing doesn't have a distrobutor, it just sparks both plugs at the same time, like an old style wasted spark system.

We got 20 some pics, but I'm having router/isp issues right now so it's a pain to upload them. but here's a teaser or two:

(click on the pictures...)

bagpipe goatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 01:23 PM   #2
*shrug*

Haha, no distributor, sounds

Haha, no distributor, sounds like a saturn...:-)

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 02:20 PM   #3
Driving on E

Wow You're right, the rust

Wow

You're right, the rust does look pretty minimal. Then again I havn't seen the drivers side yet where most of the damage is. Does the rear bumper look crooked to anyone else?
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 06:55 PM   #4
Registered Member

the bumper's a little

the bumper's a little crooked, and it has a dent in the middle. not too much of a deal, though. the dent almost looks like it could be there, and the crookedness is probably mostly the brackets, which could be bent back.

yeah, it's the driver's side that has all the rust.

oh, and I forgot to mention, the vehicle in the garage that he's restoring is a '73 GMC jimmy with a lift kit and a big block. I wonder what gas mileage it gets...
bagpipe goatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 07:03 PM   #5
*shrug*

Haha, prolly not good. It's

Haha, prolly not good. It's not even good looking to justify it...:-(
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 04:28 AM   #6

So I'm confused - Matt, do

So I'm confused - Matt, do you have the car yet, or did you just get Bagpipe to go check it out?
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 05:22 AM   #7
Driving on E

Re: So I'm confused - Matt, do

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX
So I'm confused - Matt, do you have the car yet, or did you just get Bagpipe to go check it out?
I had him check it out. He was going to be in the area this weekend so he stopped by and took a few pictures. I won't have it for a while as shipping takes forever.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:29 AM   #8

That's cool. As far as

That's cool.

As far as bumpers go, look around locally for a place that specializes in rechroming. I found a place near where I live and it cost $500 to have both front and rear bumpers fully restored for my old 914. When I took the bumpers in, they were dull, some rust, a few pretty good dings, and some scratches. When I got them back, they were...perfect. Mirror finish, and straight as an arrow.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:24 PM   #9
Driving on E

It looks like my plans have

It looks like my plans have changed.

For a number of reasons (shipping costs being one of them) I have decided to get the car in Seattle instead. Here are pictures:

it will end up costing me a LOT less to do it this way in the long run. My friend and I are planning on driving to Seattle to pick it up in a few weeks.

If anyone has any thoughts on electric vs. gasoline onthis car, please let me know. Considering the nature of the cars and the extreme difficulty in finding the parts I think that electric might be a good project. At the same time I'd hate to ruin a classic car.

I'm also thinking of upgrading to brakes from another year of civic, but I'm not certain that's actually possible.