Instead of being an early EV adopter... - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 04:46 PM   #41
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewChewTrain View Post
25y/o truck?! HA! I see your truck and raise that with my 28y/o Civic.
And I raise you a 36 y/o Buick Regal Limited.

Old 01-05-2017, 04:52 PM   #42
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue View Post
And I raise you a 36 y/o Buick Regal Limited.
DANG! That's quite a "hand". Too rich for me. I fold. I'm out.

How many miles on it Jay?

Are you the original owner?

Why that car?

Old 01-05-2017, 05:04 PM   #43
Site Team / Moderator

Not the original owner, but it was my first car that I actually held the title to. I've had it since about 1991. Right now it has about 190,000 miles on the body, but the engine has about 60,000 and the transmission has about 40,000

Old 01-05-2017, 09:00 PM   #44
Registered Member

[QUOTE= and no doubt it's 10 tens the car that horrible little plastic thing is that you drive. ! Haha[/QUOTE]

Starting to criticize other members cars is a little low to say the least. Some of the cars members of the forum drive may not be up to your standards ( which seem to have changed) but such a personal jab is in bad taste. I see posters driving old cars that I may never consider driving but it may all they can afford or all they really desire. Some of the posters are young drivers with little experience in car ownership and learn little from childish bickering.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:16 PM   #45
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRover View Post
Starting to criticize other members cars is a little low to say the least. Some of the cars members of the forum drive may not be up to your standards ( which seem to have changed) but such a personal jab is in bad taste. I see posters driving old cars that I may never consider driving but it may all they can afford or all they really desire. Some of the posters are young drivers with little experience in car ownership and learn little from childish bickering.
RIDE claimed to be a millionaire, and yet he drives that thing? Someone is lying. I love most cars, I don't really have standards, I nearly bought the UK's cheapest car a year or two ago, didn't even have a radio...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2spd View Post
Geez, reading through the comments it looks like there are a lot of political comments by everybody. Nowadays it is hard to talk about politics, global warming or the over population problem without offending somebody.
That's the issue here most of the time, being offended is subjective, what one person finds offensive wouldn't even bother someone else, I've been sent death threats for asking a question about oil changes for example. Makes it very hard to ask anything, but most people have enough common sense, it just seems to be some old bored retired grumps who want to see if their adrenaline glands are still functioning lol.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Old 01-06-2017, 02:46 AM   #46
Registered Member

You seem to be the obsessed one DF. Want a list of the assets? A million bucks ain't much in todays retirement environment with poor returns from CDs compared to the 5% we were getting on $250k in 2009when the markets tanked courtesy of the "regulator".

I hold a patent for a drive mechanism that will change the face of wheeled transportation on a global basis.

Much of the technology required for that patent I learned form my Peers.

I can only guess, based on your postings here, YOU HAVE NO PEERS.
Relish the passing of your lifetime without any elder advocates, Pop still has my back at 95.

We would have been 7 figure asset holders but the wife gave close to $250k to her daughters, both close to 50, to help them with college costs and paying down-off their homes.

I don't need to buy a FSP Peugeot to support my ego. I can always go back to a salvage auction and pick up just about anything imaginable. Did that from 1973 to 2010. Recycled 200 otherwise scrapped cars. Made money on every one of them and basically drove for free.

As I posted earlier, I'm laughing all the way to the bank. Patent US7677208, my experience and imagination used to further the pathway to a hyper efficient vehicle that could use a lawn mower engine to eat your Peugeot for lunch. Matters not whether it's powered by gas, electricity, compressed air, used cooking oil, farts, methane bleeding out of the ground or any other fuel you could imagine.

Meanwhile your contribution is to personally besmirch someone you don't know, basically telling them to go away and die because they were born decades before you.

Is that your best effort at what could be described as your own personal "final solution"

That ought to "wind you up" for at least another 25 posts on this thread YOU hijacked, LOLOLOLOLOLOL.
Old 01-06-2017, 03:45 AM   #47
Registered Member

No that's the thing, you're obsessed with trying to prove you're better than people, either by wealth or wit, does anyone actually care? I certainly don't, and neither should you, we are anonymous strangers on the internet. People are entitled to opinions, learn to respect them. You seem to throw a grenade into every topic then cry like a baby when you get hit by shrapnel.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Old 01-06-2017, 03:54 AM   #48
Site Team / Moderator

Yeah, this thread is getting a bit out of hand and way off topic. let me reach into my toolbox and grab a bottle of thread locker...

Closed Thread