Jury Duty Questions - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
Registered Member

Jury Duty Questions

i've been summoned yet AGAIN! this time there are unusual circumstances however...

i typically try to get out of it because i actually lose a SIGNIFICANT amount of money serving. my employer pays, but only for 8 hours(no overtime or bonus). i've come to realize that when an excuse is granted, the court puts your name back into the rotation.

well, this time they've called me on my day off. so, do i not claim employer wages? maybe they'll be more likely to excuse me if THEY(the county) have to pay. but, their pay is not worth much or my time. do i ask my employer for a different day off? don't think my boss would be too thrilled. do i just go serve to secure no loss of wages?

my last name starts w/ "A", so i always end up at least staying the entire day, if not serving on a jury. i thought about trying to get excused, and hope for a different day when my time comes again.

you guys know how i begrudge govt and it REALLY irritates me when an excuse is not granted. i always explain that my family depends on my income alone, and that each day served would truly hurt us financially. besides, i know people that would LOVE to get out of the daily grind to serve in a/c all day!
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote